Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 08:52 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,863,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Are any of these problems because people are wearing the wrong size? After 50 you should measure your feet every time you buy shoes.

Aging feet people have increasing foot and shoe issues...measuring or not, the key is trying them on, not what size they are...

I've shoes in different sizes that fit pérfectly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2019, 12:47 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times
I'm in my mid 50's. About 8 years ago I removed over 30 pairs of high heels. My ankles were not acclamating to the height and wobble effect.
I got a lovely treat back then when working on flooring..an old steel nail jetted thru my boot and the injury is permenant. It eventually closed but with hard skin pertruding at the mid base. The foot doctor can debried it which does ease the walking discomfort. The insole cushion which is 80 bucks ..adds up when I wear different footwear. The heels in wearing formal wear is at best 1-2 inches.
My grandma was an advocate in proper footwear...boy how right she was! I refuse to wear the "in" fashion. They just aren't comfortable. My foot size hasn't changed..what has is the priority to stablize walking with comfort.

Old 03-12-2019, 04:08 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,063,850 times
What kind of house slippers do you wear in the house that still give foot support? I need to find something that is more like a shoe but without the hard sole. My bedroom slippers are no good.

Old 03-12-2019, 06:33 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgarden View Post
What kind of house slippers do you wear in the house that still give foot support? I need to find something that is more like a shoe but without the hard sole. My bedroom slippers are no good.

I wear slippers with memory foam in the house, I need to buy new ones about every three months. Otherwise a slipper with very supportive soles dedicated strictly to indoor wear.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-12-2019, 08:18 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
I have Tundra and Ugg and Ugg for slippers.

Old 03-12-2019, 09:03 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by athena53 View Post
I haven't read all the discussions here but late in my career I was looking for shoes not made in China and found Thierry Rabotin. I bought my first pair in a store and then, knowing my size, bought them from the Sale section of their Web site. They run $400+ per pair but 5+ years later, they all look wonderful and are comfortable for walking. I just wore something similar to these Saturday at a family wedding where I walked 15 minutes to the venue, wandered around another 20 minutes because the venue wasn't open yet, and then attended the wedding. No foot problems at all.

https://www.eggeller.com/collections...azioblack-navy
Those are beautiful shoes. They are way out of my price range. Even if I chanced on a style that was on sale, I would not be able find my size available.

But, beautiful shoes.

Old 03-13-2019, 09:45 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,863,660 times
Quote:
Yes bedroom slippers in general are just flat. I wear leather moccasins but with an arch support that I put in...there are others that might be better. Check the online store Zappos.com
for supportive slippers...

Old 03-13-2019, 10:32 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
I have a pair of LL Bean slippers that support my feet pretty well. They don't come cheap, though.

Old 03-13-2019, 01:54 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,830,750 times
Vionic and Orthoheel both make slippers. My problem is that in the winter I don't want to wear a scuff or mule, I want a whole shoes. Since my feet are huge anyway, I can wear a 9 or 8.5 in men's shoes - they are too wide for my feet, but that is less of a problem in house slippers (with enough sole to walk out and get the paper or the mail).

I currently have a pair of Sorel tall boot/moccasin slippers in men's 8.5, but after 1 winter they are definitely done and I am not going to spend that kind of money for shoes I can only wear less than 6 months a year.
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
City-Data FAQ: http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/

Old 03-14-2019, 09:35 AM

904 posts, read 666,403 times
I have a big foot (12 W) so finding shoes are always a problem. I won't wear heels anymore. I like Clarks for work. New Balance also have larger sizes and they work well. My absolute favorite is Skechers. I bought a pair of slip ons and love them. Here in WI the snow is finally melting so I am wearing my Skechers to work today. So glad to be out of boots.
I buy my shoes at either Amazon or Zappos since stores don't usually carry larger sizes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement