Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 03:00 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingDeadGirl View Post
Actually, my foot surgeon says the best thing for we old people is lace up, tie shoes with good arch support.
I agree. "Good arch support", or for that matter any arch support at all in men's shoes, will push you into the above $400/pair range. Your other alternative are select brands of low-cut hiking shoes for about half that price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2019, 03:20 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,057,039 times
If someone invented really good shoes then sold them for a $1 a pair to get them on peoples feet that have worn the wrong shoes for a very long time I doubt that people would buy them.

Why?

Because when it comes to "fashion" (including shoes) of any kind most people are dumber than a nine pound rock!!

That's why people have back trouble or feet trouble all the time.

Old 03-10-2019, 03:35 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
My kids have Rothys shoes, dressy, but good enough to be on your feet, she carries a lot of heavy equipment when she’s on location. I believe she said she can wash some shoes too, not sure which kind.

https://rothys.com/products/the-point-black-solid

https://rothys.com/

Old 03-10-2019, 03:36 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,863,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
I agree. "Good arch support", or for that matter any arch support at all in men's shoes, will push you into the above $400/pair range. Your other alternative are select brands of low-cut hiking shoes for about half that price.

This thread was started for those of us with bunions and feet deformities....

soft sided shoes with solid strong soles are the only ones we can wear....that's why the thread started off with bernie mevs, stretchy fabric uppers that work so well for us. We cannot wear lace up, hard leather shoes.

Old 03-10-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired in Illinois View Post
If someone invented really good shoes then sold them for a $1 a pair to get them on peoples feet that have worn the wrong shoes for a very long time I doubt that people would buy them.

Why?

Because when it comes to "fashion" (including shoes) of any kind most people are dumber than a nine pound rock!!

That's why people have back trouble or feet trouble all the time.

This thread is full of posters commenting that we now wear what we choose
without thought of others.

Old 03-10-2019, 04:07 PM

37,618 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
The flexible fabric shoes are excellent for those of us with bunions...and misshapen toes. The sole is NOT soft just the upper.

I'll never wear lace ups....

besides I'm not THAT old.
I'll take my lace-up Ahnu Sugarpine hikers over anything else. Most comfortable walking shoe I have ever had. I have the waterproof hikers, the mesh hikers, and the hiking boots. Away from work they are my most worn shoe, for walking/hiking.

Old 03-10-2019, 04:19 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
I bought a pair of Filas last year and the bottom is a regular running shoe with memory foam, but the top is soft material that's almost like several layers of cotton T-shirt material. SOOOO comfortable. But don't wear them in the rain. The rain pours right through the top of the shoe. I was fastening my granddaughter in her car seat one day when it was pouring down rain and by the time I was finished, my feet were soaked.

Here they are, but I don't know if they make these specific ones anymore. I need to find them or something very similar.

https://www.shopyourway.com/fila-mem...grey/685879045

Old 03-10-2019, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I'll take my lace-up Ahnu Sugarpine hikers over anything else. Most comfortable walking shoe I have ever had. I have the waterproof hikers, the mesh hikers, and the hiking boots. Away from work they are my most worn shoe, for walking/hiking.
We are talking about people with bunions and problem feet! Can't WEAR hiking boots..... The name of the thread is shoes
with flexible fabric.

Old 03-10-2019, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I bought a pair of Filas last year and the bottom is a regular running shoe with memory foam, but the top is soft material that's almost like several layers of cotton T-shirt material. SOOOO comfortable. But don't wear them in the rain. The rain pours right through the top of the shoe. I was fastening my granddaughter in her car seat one day when it was pouring down rain and by the time I was finished, my feet were soaked.

Here they are, but I don't know if they make these specific ones anymore. I need to find them or something very similar.

https://www.shopyourway.com/fila-mem...grey/685879045

Yes, maybe us with problem feet could wear those....the soft fabric allows room for bunions and other
physical issues with feet...we can't wear hard shoes.

That's why the name of the thread is FABRIC SHOES.

Old 03-10-2019, 08:04 PM

37,618 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
We are talking about people with bunions and problem feet! Can't WEAR hiking boots..... The name of the thread is shoes
with flexible fabric.
You should have named it "shoes for people with bunions and problem feet" then!!

"Flexible fabric" and "fabric shoes" may have a special meaning for you, but it does not for most people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement