Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2021, 06:02 AM

12,031 posts, read 6,561,999 times

Advertisements

We were just sent an email that Pfizer booster shots are available for 65 and older — along with other high risk people. Moderna and J&J are not available yet.
Has anyone gotten it yet, and if so, did you have any reaction or side effects with a third shot?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2021, 06:10 AM

899 posts, read 669,785 times
Relative in her 40s got the booster. First two, no problem...third shot drained her of all energy and the arm was still sore the next day.

Old 09-29-2021, 06:19 AM

7,899 posts, read 7,108,628 times
I got my Pfizer booster about a month ago. I did not officially qualify but I stopped by the vax center. I told them the truth: I am being treated for an autoimmune disease (I have arthritis and sometimes take aspirin). They were happy to give me the booster as the vax center was all but empty.

I had the same reactions with all three of the vaccinations. My arm was a bit stiff and sore for a few days. In addition about an hour after each vax, I could feel a bit of flushing and some tiredness. I had low grade, flu like tiredness for a few days but was still able to function more or less normally.

My wife had stronger reactions to the Moderna and felt sick for a couple of weeks after each injection. She got her Moderna booster 2 days ago and so far seems to be doing well and has been doing her hour a day exercise routine.

I highly recommend getting the booster. Any reaction you get is going to be way, way milder than even the mildest case of Covid.

Old 09-29-2021, 07:15 AM

9,111 posts, read 6,155,520 times
Yup - and no problems. Same as first two vaccinations.

Old 09-29-2021, 07:19 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,258,424 times
I'm going to get it Friday night.

I had a little soreness at the injection site for the first one. The second one basically knocked me on my butt for two days. Fever, chills, hot then cold, stomach issues, the works.

I'm going to take a Tylenol and start drinking Gatorade after I get home from the vaccination. I'm hoping that will be enough to keep Saturday from being a washout.

Old 09-29-2021, 07:24 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
About a month ago, only had a sore arm from the first two, and almost nothing on the 3rd.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-29-2021, 07:25 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
I will get the booster shot in a couple of months. I think you are supposed to wait until at least six or eight months after the second shot to get the booster, unless they've changed that.

Is Medicare paying 100% of the cost for the booster like it did for the first two shots?

Old 09-29-2021, 07:32 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
I will get the booster shot in a couple of months. I think you are supposed to wait until at least six or eight months after the second shot to get the booster, unless they've changed that.

Is Medicare paying 100% of the cost for the booster like it did for the first two shots?
All shots are free for everyone.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-29-2021, 07:36 AM

13 posts, read 12,386 times
My wife got her Pfizer booster shot yesterday morning. Today, she is feeling a little tired with some joint pain, so she took a Tylenol and plans to take it easy (keeping hydrated and watching TV). It has been seven and a half months since her second Pfizer shot.

Old 09-29-2021, 07:54 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I'm going to get it Friday night.

I had a little soreness at the injection site for the first one. The second one basically knocked me on my butt for two days. Fever, chills, hot then cold, stomach issues, the works.

I'm going to take a Tylenol and start drinking Gatorade after I get home from the vaccination. I'm hoping that will be enough to keep Saturday from being a washout.
Just asking.....what do you expect Gatorade to do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement