Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2023, 09:54 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I have 2 friends that are waiting to talk to their doctors before getting anything.
Flu, RSV, covid are all out now and they want advice on what to take first and how to space them out.
Both of them take quite a few prescription meds daily so I can see their concern.
Oh yeah, I talked to my doc first. Normally I wouldn't do flu this early, as it is not circulating here, but we are traveling internationally. I am pharmaceutically immuno-suppressed, but all 6 of us are getting all our vaxes.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-17-2023, 09:55 AM

8,373 posts, read 4,386,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm getting the vax and I know it is not a guarantee I won't get it any way. I am pro- reducing symptoms and the chance for long covid.

Walmart was doing free flu vax yesterday, almost no one was getting one, but I did.
Immunity is not an all-or-none matter. Before the polio vaccine, the vast majority of people who caught the polio virus had just a sore throat or stomach upset, but all that we historically remember are those 5% that ended up paralyzed. The merit of the polio vaccines is that they abolished those 5% horror scenarios. We have all likely encountered the polio virus, but had sufficient immunity against it from vaccination that it did not produce anything more than a scratchy throat.

The mRNA vaccine against Covid, as well as other mRNA vaccines being developed for, eg, tumor immunotherapy, are developed on sound biologic principles. Covid vaccine has definitely succeeded in reducing the number of cases with severe symptoms, and I am glad I got vaccinated. But it was clear (and NOT hidden from the public) from the initial trials with the vaccine that both the vaccine, and even more so the virus itself, could affect myocardial cells (including particularly conduction system responsible for heart rhythm). The paper to which I gave a link is written primarily by authors from Univ of Rome in hard-hit by Covid Italy. They have a lot of pre- and post-vaccination clinical observations, and a lot of good information comes from there.

The onset of my own (so far) benign heart rhythm abnormalities was exactly coincident with the second dose of Pfizer. I have had fewer total palpitations/ premature beats in my entire 61 years prior to that 2nd dose Pfizer than I have had in one hour about a day or two after vaccination. I figured it could have been from several other possible causes... but then the same repeated after the 3rd dose. And it repeated rampantly twice since then when I had sinus problems with high fever (did not do a Covid test, but it might have been Covid). And now, I wake up periodically with those premature beats on regular days. And every time I skip the night of sleep by taking a red-eye flight.

So, what do I do? Do I continue getting Covid boosters? I'd like to, but knowing everything I know about the matter, I think I personally am better off relying on whatever is permanently left of my memory cell response initiated by the prior 3 doses. I am aware that either the next Covid infection or the next dose of vaccine could aggravate what I already have. I clearly have a source of ectopic beats somewhere in my heart (I can't tell whether in an atrium or ventricle by just taking my pulse; I'd need an ECG - but from some features of these premature beats, I think I have multiple sources of them in both types of chambers). So far, none of these foci had ever produced a sustained abnormal rhythm that I could notice, but I am not going to fudge around with a vaccine with known propensity to induce ectopic rhythms until I need a defibrillator. One of these days I might see a cardiologist... or not. I don't want to go down the rabbit hole of endless cardiac procedures, I have had an interesting life, I don't have a partner or kids that would miss me, and sudden death from malignant arrhythmia is not a bad way to go. So, that is where I stand personally.

Not everyone has the same medical understanding as I do to decide for themselves, so do whatever your family doc recommends. But deciding to get vaccine because you are a Democrat, or not to get it because you are a Republican, is a supreme stupidity.

Old 09-17-2023, 10:00 AM

Elnrgby, we agree! If I had the heart side effects you did, I probably wouldn't get it either. In large part because we are far from medical help. But even if we lived in a city your situation would give me a great big pause.

I've had no side effects from the vax at all, and have had the extra dose recommended for immuno-suppressed. I barely had a sore arm - could still exercise.

From what I understood when looking into it, mnra had been under development for over a decade. I felt comfortable taking it, and so far, so good. From all the numbers I looked at, yes, you can get heart side effects, but in WAY lesser numbers than if you catch covid (not negating your choice, just part of my decision making).

Old 09-17-2023, 10:04 AM

1,201 posts, read 531,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I am absolutely amazed at the people posting who still think they won't get sick if they get these vaccines, and that getting them prevents them from "spreading it" to others.

Get them if you want, certainly, your health and body is your business, but are people not aware that a lot of this has now been debunked?
I've read through this thread, and the people on this thread are obviously not aware of the CDC's and WHO's admissions, or Fauci's lies (which have been compiled into memes so you can see the history in actual sound bites).

It saddens me that being uninformed is the overwhelming default.

I won't be getting any vaccines - was guided to take the Tetanus booster when it was offered to me in the hospital when I was being seen for an emergency injury.

I use natural healing remedies whenever possible - will resort to allopathic tools when necessary (have a spot I'm treating but may need to see dermatologist soon if no improvement).

I like to know what's going into my body and try to keep harmful ingredients out, if/when possible. The inserts on the Covid vaccine were a mile long (I just read that they are no longer providing the inserts in the packaging - don't know if that's true or false).

I had Covid once and was sick for a couple of days - not a big deal. I am actually shocked that the general public is still so afraid of it and is not aware of the politics surrounding it and all of the shenanigans that have been revealed. I don't like living amongst uninformed people - it makes me feel unsafe that so few people can be trusted, really. I had always thought the majority of people had common sense - it messes with my mental health to realize they don't.

Old 09-17-2023, 10:08 AM

17,372 posts, read 16,511,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by considerforamoment View Post
I've read through this thread, and the people on this thread are obviously not aware of the CDC's and WHO's admissions, or Fauci's lies (which have been compiled into memes so you can see the history in actual sound bites).

It saddens me that being uninformed is the overwhelming default.

I won't be getting any vaccines - was guided to take the Tetanus booster when it was offered to me in the hospital when I was being seen for an emergency injury.

I use natural healing remedies whenever possible - will resort to allopathic tools when necessary (have a spot I'm treating but may need to see dermatologist soon if no improvement).

I like to know what's going into my body and try to keep harmful ingredients out, if/when possible. The inserts on the Covid vaccine were a mile long (I just read that they are no longer providing the inserts in the packaging - don't know if that's true or false).

I had Covid once and was sick for a couple of days - not a big deal. I am actually shocked that the general public is still so afraid of it and is not aware of the politics surrounding it and all of the shenanigans that have been revealed. I don't like living amongst uninformed people - it makes me feel unsafe that so few people can be trusted, really. I had always thought the majority of people had common sense - it messes with my mental health to realize they don't.
Yep. This whole thing has been very eye opening. I still have a hard time believing that so many people are that dumb.

Old 09-17-2023, 10:09 AM

8,373 posts, read 4,386,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Elnrgby, we agree! If I had the heart side effects you did, I probably wouldn't get it either. In large part because we are far from medical help. But even if we lived in a city your situation would give me a great big pause.

I've had no side effects from the vax at all, and have had the extra dose recommended for immuno-suppressed. I barely had a sore arm - could still exercise.

From what I understood when looking into it, mnra had been under development for over a decade. I felt comfortable taking it, and so far, so good. From all the numbers I looked at, yes, you can get heart side effects, but in WAY lesser numbers than if you catch covid (not negating your choice, just part of my decision making).
Yes, Covid virus itself can trigger sources of ectopic rhythm in the heart, likely by the same mechanism as the vaccine, and in more people than the vaccine, but now that I know I have such foci, I won't pursue intentional exposure to an additional triggering situation.

Old 09-17-2023, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
Yes, Covid virus itself can trigger sources of ectopic rhythm in the heart, likely by the same mechanism as the vaccine, and in more people than the vaccine, but now that I know I have such foci, I won't pursue intentional exposure to an additional triggering situation.
I hope you don't think I am disagreeing? I completely understand where you are coming from.

Old 09-17-2023, 10:11 AM

1,201 posts, read 531,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Yep. This whole thing has been very eye opening. I still have a hard time believing that so many people are that dumb.
I don't know if this is related, but recently there was a trend going on about people who have internal dialog, versus those who don't - and the numbers were astounding - the great majority of people, evidently, do not have internal dialog. They basically don't "think."

To ignore the preponderance of information and still WANT vaccines is just wild to me.

Old 09-17-2023, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by considerforamoment View Post
I don't know if this is related, but recently there was a trend going on about people who have internal dialog, versus those who don't - and the numbers were astounding - the great majority of people, evidently, do not have internal dialog. They basically don't "think."

To ignore the preponderance of information and still WANT vaccines is just wild to me.
A reminder that this is the Retirement forum, not P&OC. A question was asked about what individuals are doing - not to argue about it and insult people's intelligence.

Old 09-17-2023, 10:18 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,353,220 times
This is not the P&OC forum, so I don't intend to participate in any vaccine debate here (in the Retirement forum), but in the unlikely event that someone reading this is not aware of the vaccine risks and the CDC errors and has not yet been vaxxed, please check out this thread and please watch the video. https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...n-english.html

P.S. I posted the above before I read Mikala's post, and I agree with her. I think the Retirement forum should be mainly for information and friendly discussion, not aggressive arguing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement