Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2023, 10:18 AM

17,416 posts, read 16,579,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by considerforamoment View Post
I don't know if this is related, but recently there was a trend going on about people who have internal dialog, versus those who don't - and the numbers were astounding - the great majority of people, evidently, do not have internal dialog. They basically don't "think."

To ignore the preponderance of information and still WANT vaccines is just wild to me.
There are motives in life for doing just about anything. Something was motivating these people to go along with the buffoonery. Watching grown adults, many with professional degrees, engaging in magical thinking and make believe was unsettling to say the least.

The less educated in the population were the ones ignoring "the rules" and soldiering on.

Remember all the scolds out there wagging their fingers at the poorer black communities for still having family gatherings and getting together with their friends? It was just a weird, weird time in our nation's history.

Old 09-17-2023, 10:20 AM

1,462 posts, read 662,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Yep. This whole thing has been very eye opening. I still have a hard time believing that so many people are that dumb.
And I still have a hard time believing that people call those who disagree with them "dumb." Name calling does not advance your argument in the slightest. It's actually a form of "cancel culture' (and we know how many feel about that) because it really does serve to end the discussion.

Last edited by Shallow Hal; 09-17-2023 at 10:39 AM..

Old 09-17-2023, 10:22 AM

8,385 posts, read 4,411,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I hope you don't think I am disagreeing? I completely understand where you are coming from.
No no, I understood you correctly, and we are indeed in agreement. I am just trying to clarify what I said. I don't want to be blamed (considering my former profession :-) for saying something I didn't. I think the majority of people are better off getting boosters, and I would likely take the booster (despite ectopy) if I were 77+ years old. But for a minority of people (where that minority, however, is not negligible), the risk of the vaccine is likely higher than benefit, because of their medical history. I don't have anything funny going on with my immune system so far, but I have something going on with my heart rhythm, so in my case....

Old 09-17-2023, 10:42 AM

17,416 posts, read 16,579,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow Hal View Post
And I still have a hard time people calling those who disagree with them "dumb." Name calling does not advance your argument in the slightest.
Are they still wiping down grocery cart handles with bleach at your store? They aren't where I live.

Are you still having to stand on carefully placed dots in line at the pet store in order to maintain a "proper" social distance? Are you still having to follow direction arrows in store aisles? Are some of the tables in your restaurants still blocked off limits so that customers won't be seated next to each other inside the restaurant? Not where I am.

Are 4th of July fireworks, holiday parades, football games, even beaches shut down where you live? Not where I am.

We really did put up with a lot of dumb thinking. Forcing Kindergartners to wear masks on their face in order to keep the adults "safe" was a travesty.

That doesn't mean that everyone who got the vaccinations and boosters were stupid for doing so. It's just dumb to take a broad brush approach the way the "scientists" were doing. A 5 year old is not going to have the same needs as a senior citizen does.

Old 09-17-2023, 10:44 AM

48,557 posts, read 34,927,283 times
Whelp. Closing thread.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement