Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 12:16 AM

18,727 posts, read 33,396,751 times

Advertisements

My sister moved into a 55+ condo community. She still works. She thought it would be like Club Med, full of single 55-year-olds like her, and she'd meet the man of her dreams and stuff.
Well, most residents are old. Like older than 55, even if they started out at 55.
Also, I'm not sure how different it is from any other condo complex, except no children around. There's a pool/clubhouse, and the exteriors and trash/plowing are from the HOA. I don't see a lot related to being older.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 07:19 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,376,944 times
I went to fl and I feared the summer heat,so I bought a place up north for summer.
I regret not staying in fl year round all I do in the summer is mow grass and I have to wait in the fall to rake all of my leaves had I remained in fl I could live in aiir conditioned comfort and my car cools down faster than it heats up.
now where I live in fl is a 55+ and the older blue haired ladies are falling fast the new 55+ have motorcycles and like to enjoy life for we know there is more to retirement than friday night bingo

Old 10-17-2014, 10:44 AM

1 posts, read 678 times
I moved into a 55+ 2 years ago in Amherst,Ma. I am a very active 70.(widower) The management here is excellent and so are the tenants. What is most important,after the apt. itself, is available services, senior transportation and such. In this area,
everything is excellent. Shopping all over, dining the same, and with 5 colleges in about 20 sq. miles there is always something going on. I pay $730/mo. rent, and elect.,cable,phone, internet run about $180. I have 1 daughter and her family about 20 miles away, which is the perfect distance. all things considered, Life is good-I think I'll hang out another 20 years or so then check-out.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:12 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,974,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njtrapper View Post
I moved into a 55+ 2 years ago in Amherst,Ma. I am a very active 70.(widower) The management here is excellent and so are the tenants. What is most important,after the apt. itself, is available services, senior transportation and such. In this area,
everything is excellent. Shopping all over, dining the same, and with 5 colleges in about 20 sq. miles there is always something going on. I pay $730/mo. rent, and elect.,cable,phone, internet run about $180. I have 1 daughter and her family about 20 miles away, which is the perfect distance. all things considered, Life is good-I think I'll hang out another 20 years or so then check-out.
Hi Neighbor! Love the Five College area. Go online for the Five College calendar of events open to the public, so much to do.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:00 AM

199 posts, read 528,578 times
I highly recommend a 55 plus development, if it is active!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots of things to do. Make it the best time of your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement