Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2007, 03:49 PM

8 posts, read 20,348 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I´ll probably be moving to New England sometime in the next few months, due to a job transfer. The offices are located in Taunton MA, and after talking to a few guys in the MA forums, they suggested I look for apartments in Providence.

Turns out I´m moving in with my husband and 4 dogs (small ones...chihuahuas), but after searching for rentals in MA I noticed how difficult it is to get an landlord that would tolerate so many pets. The guys in the other forum suggested trying to look in Providence.

I wanted to see if you could give me some insight on how hard it could be to find an apt. or small house in a nice area, that would accept me with my four babies. My budget is $1,300-$1,500.

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 01:31 AM

688 posts, read 2,135,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna27298 View Post
I wanted to see if you could give me some insight on how hard it could be to find an apt. or small house in a nice area, that would accept me with my four babies. My budget is $1,300-$1,500.

Thanks!!
Pets are tough for tenants. The rental market in Rhode Island has been favoring the landlords for so long that many have been quite comfortable in establishing a no pets policy. Maybe a cat if you're lucky. Things are changing slowly though, you might be able to find some landlord who won't have an issue with the dogs. It will be tough, be prepared to do a lot of looking. :/

Good luck.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:31 PM

20 posts, read 155,813 times
If you get a chance and find some pet friendly places and if you could let me know or post some website's that'd be great. We have two dogs, a jack russell mix, not sure with what but hes a bit bigger then a full blooded jack russell, and we have a chihuahua mixed with a jack russell (So yeah, he's definately got his own unique personality! Has the face of a chihuahua, just a bit bigger, and the body of a Jack Russell) so we need to find a place that allows pets, of course our budget is a bit lower, like around $800 but we're fine with a one bedroom so we can save money for a down payment on a house.

I ran into that problem in San Diego, I was looking at going back but this time I've got two dogs and so many people would like to live there they charge what they want and rarely allow pets, if they do they charge an arm and a leg! It's not real fair in my opinion but what can ya do.

Anyways, next place we move to we plan on staying for a LONG time, at least until we buy a house and pay it off, also raise a family there, then after all that MAYBE my future wife and I, who will bemarried by then of course, well move back to San Diego, maybe, but most likely stay in Providence.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:59 AM

8 posts, read 20,348 times
Thanks German. I will keep looking!

Ham, if I find anything I´ll let you know. Maybe we can move in in the same neiborghood and have playdates for our doggies LOL! Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
View detailed profiles of: