Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 08:59 AM

4,405 posts, read 3,197,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
The quote is meaningless, I'll need to know what else was said that night. I mean the interview must have involved more than just that piece I would think? The Huffington Post (and other partisan sources), have a tendency to zone in on material that will cause division and tarnish one's reputation (especially when you have let's say a Democrat who doesn't adhere entirely to the "progressive" agenda).

So I would like to know what else he had to say that evening. Maybe it was level headed and intelligent, maybe it wasn't. If I voted in Providence, I would want to see it for myself (like I. Man has). But there was nothing wrong with that one quote (in and of itself anyway). People are just unaccustomed to that kind of speak in politics nowadays. As long as it wasn't the central point of his dialogue...
Massnative, google him or look him up on YouTube.

That's the sort of answer he gives to every question he's asked. He tends to answer as if he's running for mayor of the Catholic Church.

That's when he's not singing love songs to Jesus or tipping over tables or making proposals of marraige during debates _ "if he wins". I'm surprised you've never caught his act before.

Also, I don't think he's always been very honest about where he lives, at least not in the past. I don't understand how he's still running for mayor of Providence when his crazy eyed wife (who is running against Reed) says she lives in Galilee, but whatever.

That's kind of their shtick. Kara spreads it around, running for Lt. Governor, Governor or Senator, and Chris runs for Providence Mayor every time. Neither ever win anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 09:13 AM

2,903 posts, read 3,458,099 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-2ZIX4XskA

The man has, how do you say, issues...

Old 07-15-2014, 10:29 AM

8,031 posts, read 4,700,436 times
That Chris Young has a fan base of even one (other than his wife and himself) is very suspect.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:20 PM

23,577 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-2ZIX4XskA

The man has, how do you say, issues...
Oh that dude!

Old 07-15-2014, 02:58 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,593,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
Snowball, what is it that you see in Chris Young? He seems mentally unbalanced to me, and I'm not being glib or hyperbolic when I say that.

Did he and Kara ever marry?
Yes they are married. I voted for her last time against Loughlin, she got 16.7%
which is not a bad showing. Concerning Chris, I am not sure if Mayor is really
the best place for him, I think he'd be a better Congressman or Senator because
his issues are larger than Providence. I've seen him talk to people on the issues
and he's more knowledgeable than given credit for because he has a way of
making people uncomfortable, let's face it, he's definitely very different than
most people are today especially politicians. About 25 years ago one of my band members brought him over and he sang songs with us. The song he wrote at the time was not religious, more like a Neil Diamond song. But I was the singer and we were all set there so he only came over a couple times. Havent seen him in person since then.
See his bio here perhaps explains some things. http://teapartycheer.com/bios/new-en...-young-ri-bio/
anyway I'm going to watch Dan Yorke show Thursday see if he is there. It
wasn't easy for him to grow up orphan in South Providence.

Old 07-15-2014, 03:40 PM

8,031 posts, read 4,700,436 times
Better Congressman or Senator? Only Chris Young himself would make such an absurd statement.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:10 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,593,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
Better Congressman or Senator? Only Chris Young himself would make such an absurd statement.
I'll take him over the ones we got. I never voted for Reed, Whitehouse, Langevin, or Cicc.
And I hope Mark Zaccaria whoops Jack Greed's butt.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:42 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,458,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
I'll take him over the ones we got. I never voted for Reed, Whitehouse, Langevin, or Cicc.
I'm intrigued. He sounds like a unique person.

What do you think his position on gay marriage would be? Or on PVD being a virtual sanctuary city?

Old 07-15-2014, 07:03 PM

When I met him he did seem as though he might "blow a gasket" at any moment, which could obviously be an issue running for political office. Intelligent guy though...

I guess he was arrested at the state house for disorderly conduct which was then thrown out (apparently he was peacefully holding a sign or something). Odd story there.

Old 07-15-2014, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Even if the guy is a nut (which I really don't know), it would be good to bust up one of those other reigns. Keep electing the Devil You Know, well we see what happens there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island