Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 05:35 AM

2,903 posts, read 3,458,607 times

Advertisements

Have the vaguest hint of a hangover -- just in the background. Hubby is in SA for a family tragedy. Woke up and was dying for pizza and a coke. Guess What? Had nearly a whole pie from Pizza Pie-R, and half a calzone (spinach, ricotta, and chorizo) in the friggie, and a Pepsi that somehow eluded my notice. Look, I don't manage the food supply here, I just hope it's sort of within its shelf life, cause I do not recall when it arrived.

So it is noted with interest that it's snowing outside. Why didn't anyone apprise me? Why isn't it on my reminder list? Someone's off the mark, and it ain't me.

Sup, beautiful Rhode Island? What's on the sked for today? A little light banter would be nice...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMB5CzzWXMQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 07:01 AM

Uh, it was green, but I don't think it was spinach!

Old 02-22-2015, 07:55 AM

9,296 posts, read 14,911,147 times
Armory? Since when did you move to the Armory Alfie? How is it???

Old 02-22-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
Armory? Since when did you move to the Armory Alfie? How is it???
Signed the lease yesterday -- I'll DM you with details. I move in like April or May -- the apt is under renovation.

Had to do it, Holly -- getting complacent here on CH, and that won't do, that just won't do. Too many white people, too few characters. Hope I'm doing the right thing -- life is pretty easy here, and alarm bells go off when then things get too easy. PUSH PUSH PUSH --that's how I roll.

Old 02-22-2015, 08:24 AM

8,031 posts, read 4,702,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
Signed the lease yesterday -- I'll DM you with details. I move in like April or May -- the apt is under renovation.

Had to do it, Holly -- getting complacent here on CH, and that won't do, that just won't do. Too many white people, too few characters. Hope I'm doing the right thing -- life is pretty easy here, and alarm bells go off when then things get too easy. PUSH PUSH PUSH --that's how I roll.
Congrats on your impending move. I think you'll find the Armory an interesting place to live. The diversity on EVERY level is incredible. Much, much different than CH. Not nearly as "easy." While I almost always find your post interesting, or at the least provocative, moving to the Armory will take them to a whole new level!

Old 02-22-2015, 08:29 AM

^ You always choose your words with great care. Define "interesting," because I'm honestly scared about doing this. But I have to -- I have to know the real PVD, the city that allegedly love but really know nothing about.

Old 02-22-2015, 08:45 AM

8,031 posts, read 4,702,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
^ You always choose your words with great care. Define "interesting," because I'm honestly scared about doing this. But I have to -- I have to know the real PVD, the city that allegedly love but really know nothing about.
Interesting defined as an edge. The Armory has an edge CH can't even league. And, I don't mean danger, but an edge in the bohemian sense. The people I know who live there love it. It has been successful as a neighborhood because it has never pursued a bourgeois gentrification, but instead genuinely glorified its obvious diversity. The excellent neighborhood association, lead by Carrie Lang has had no small part in making the neighborhood what it is today. I think you're making a great move!

Old 02-22-2015, 08:52 AM

^ Otay!

We who are about to die salute you. (what movie is that from? I know -- do you?)

Have to do this -- got to get right with the Lord. Uh, my BF, who is out of the of the country right now and works at Brown is going to be in for a surprise, dontchaknow! He loves me and knows I'm, you know, a little serendipitous, but this is really pushing the relationship! Oh, Gawd! "Lucy, you have some 'splaining to do!" LOL!

Old 02-22-2015, 10:22 AM

23,580 posts, read 18,730,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
Interesting defined as an edge. The Armory has an edge CH can't even league. And, I don't mean danger, but an edge in the bohemian sense. The people I know who live there love it. It has been successful as a neighborhood because it has never pursued a bourgeois gentrification, but instead genuinely glorified its obvious diversity. The excellent neighborhood association, lead by Carrie Lang has had no small part in making the neighborhood what it is today. I think you're making a great move!
It's also less steep of a climb from DownCity on those nights when, you know, you're stumbling home totally blasted at 2am.

Longer walk to the train though...

Old 02-22-2015, 11:46 AM

4,408 posts, read 3,198,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
It's also less steep of a climb from DownCity on those nights when, you know, you're stumbling home totally blasted at 2am.

Longer walk to the train though...
Luckily, some people are capable of drinking without getting blasted. Alf strikes me as the sort who goes to a pub for the conversation & social interaction, not to get out of his head. Nothing worse than a staggering drunk who can't handle the drink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island