Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 06:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,204 times

Advertisements

When I think of Rhode Island, Little rhody, New England town, Ocean state, smallest of 50, between Connecticut and Massachusetts.
History: Freedom religion is your own business. Roger Williams.
Points of interest: Newport, Providence Performing Arts Center. Ocean, Beaches.
Appearance: It is a Beautiful state near the ocean, greenway bike path, TF green airport.
Animals: Rhode red roaster. , Big blue bug, seafood.
Food: Dels, gaggers, gaggas, hot weiner, hotdog with meat sause,
Language: Quahog! cherry stone, little neck. Stuffy. grinda, sangwitch, sandwich. coffee milk, cabinet, milk shake. , forget about it, no sa, no way, way. JOO, did you. ISEZ, I said. WIKKid Pissa,, 2FA
Accent: BEEH, beer. CAA, KAH, Car. JEET’ have you eaten. BAFRUME, PissA, bathroom. AHDUNNO, I don’t know. , OOODEE, NAFANUTTIN< not for nothing. UTES, youths. COCKIES, car key go **** yourself. PUFFAMA, performer . EJAKA-U, educate you. FOSSZA, force you, BedDa, better. GOBidge, garbage. SMAH, smart. Stoopih, stupid. AHeye, alright. SWETTAGA, swear to god. SNOT, it is not . WAYMIT, wait a minute. MEMBA, remember. C-YIZLATA, see you late. OMATA-EAH, out of here. POTTy, toilet.
Politics: Buddy Cianci, corruption, abuse of power. Cronyism, Gina Raimondo “ don’t have to explain answer. They are right prove other wise.
In Rhode Island you are Guilty prove them wrong.
Double jeopardy
FACT: 37 miles wide, 48 miles length
Misconstrued: the meaning in any way they want. state

Rhode Island The System
I was a State employee 1985-2009
Harassment, Toxic work environment so much that had to retire early. Couple of months less than a 25 yrs. Lucky filed when I did and filed both ways. Yes, two different types.
State retirement system will give me what I deserved. Staff at the retirement system states. Retirement vs Termination (paperwork on both)
Aaron Perry Attorney for state Retirement System, stated “never seen anything like this.”
Filed for retirement in June or thought I did but made sure paperwork on 8/21/09.,,
Terminated 8/22/09. According to Deputy Auger, for lying, being piece of ****.
No money coming in to house. State not paying me either as employee or retired.
Time frame 3 yrs get what entitled 24yrs of service 2012 1st payment
More Attorney fee to get what deserved
Resolved Disability retirement 5 yrs 2014 2nd payment
The state has attorneys on staff, to fight claim. So, I had to hire attorney, and the state has all the time in the world to wait. Unless there is PUBLICITY or public out cry this is what happens. So, they use your lack of funds against you, pushing for you to settle.

Abuse of power, Harassment Human Rights Case EEOC No.16J-2010-00165
Harassment by Head of Human resources at the Department Of Corrections, Paul Mancini, No longer at D.O.C.

Deputy Augar,” Although Officer Young did nothing wrong, he’s wrong.” At a hearing.
Then at a different point, “You’re a piece of ****, you got what you deserved”.

Let’s take look at My state retirement in 1990 bought time back military, paid interest penalties. The state can charge interest and penalties on service. But, If the state abolish position or terminates employment they only have to pay amount given in to system. So money earned they keep, interested or penalties. Is this fair and just.
Division of Taxation, I have had to do my taxes over 3X for 2009, 10, 11, twice for 2012,1314. If you owe them money, there is a interest or penalty you have to pay, in addition, they can extort that money by not allowing you to renew or get licenses, driving, fishing, registration of a vehicle. Attaching funds and accounts.

When can I get my day in court. State not going to tell me what I deserve.
They gave me the retirement, NO, I had to fight for what they said I deserved.
By me getting the retirement, showing that they were wrong. Now, I want answer on why it to so long. I want the cost of my legal fees and interest on that money.
Damages for there actions.
I asked Gina Raimondo when she was treasurer to explain, a vote of the retirement board. she said “ that she didn’t have too.” Why not. A JURY is going to award me. No, judge or settlement. I want my day in court. And they can explain there actions.

In conclusion, I have all the paperwork. Hell, I have posted it on Facebook. Take a look at the checks they have written me. 2012 and 2014. the next one will be a big one.
The state (system) can change the rules, laws, policies… to suit whatever there agenda is.
The state tries to go back and take away from people what they were already given.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 09:33 PM

1,586 posts, read 2,154,407 times
You left out that a lot of restaurants have really good fish tacos.

Old 07-08-2015, 05:52 AM

9,344 posts, read 14,964,620 times
Most people write that state employment is a piece of cake.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:13 AM

2,903 posts, read 3,466,616 times
And many people who think that don't work for the state so their opinion is typically, but not always, based on anecdotes or the occasional mini-scandal.

OP, I agree with you re: pension changes and other give-backs. A contract is a contract, negotiated by two or more parties and is binding. That the state may have lousy negotiators does not obviate the fact the they represented the state and agreed to the contract. It is THEY who should be held to account, not the worker or their unions.

Old 07-08-2015, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
OP, I agree with you re: pension changes and other give-backs. A contract is a contract, negotiated by two or more parties and is binding. That the state may have lousy negotiators does not obviate the fact the they represented the state and agreed to the contract. It is THEY who should be held to account, not the worker or their unions.
Don't think that applies in this case. From what the OP described, he had trouble with his supervisors and then tried to go on disability retirement short of his 25 minimum for a pension????

Old 07-08-2015, 06:24 PM

3,857 posts, read 2,735,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
And many people who think that don't work for the state so their opinion is typically, but not always, based on anecdotes or the occasional mini-scandal.

I agree with this, so long as the negotiations weren't affected by corruption. If illicit money flowed from the union to the political leadership to secure a sweetheart contract, then as far as I am concerned such a contract should be considered null and void. If something illegal transpired then a contract is not a binding contract.

Proving it is another matter entirely.

Old 07-09-2015, 12:25 PM

335 posts, read 940,822 times
well, that went south quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boulevardofdef View Post
You left out that a lot of restaurants have really good fish tacos.
Also, RI Monthly has a nice article on three local taco shops.

Old 07-09-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ormari View Post
I agree with this, so long as the negotiations weren't affected by corruption. If illicit money flowed from the union to the political leadership to secure a sweetheart contract, then as far as I am concerned such a contract should be considered null and void. If something illegal transpired then a contract is not a binding contract.

And…. I'd add that people who were involved in negotiating unfulfillable contracts on behalf of the public taxpayers should be held personally accountable when the state goes into extreme debt or bankruptcy as a result. In this small state, deals and collusions and special favors occur far too easily. I'm all for labor unions, but don't forget it took a couple of decades to get the mob out of the construction unions they had taken over in RI.

Old 07-09-2015, 12:59 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,466,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ormari View Post

Uh, opposite side of the coin: instead of just looking at those gosh darned danged "corrupt" unions , how money flowing from pension fund managers to political leadership? Yes, I'm talking Gina now.

Old 07-09-2015, 03:45 PM

548 posts, read 817,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personalensign79 View Post
well, that went south quickly.

Yep, as usual.

Which is why HOPE being crushed by a giant anchor is indeed an appropriate symbol for 'what RI means to me'.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island