Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2018, 12:54 PM

3 posts, read 1,874 times

Advertisements

As an LPN moving to Pawtucket, what are some good places to work? Where is a good place to go to school for my RN? Anything else I may need to know as a Nurse in RI? I always value the thoughts and opinions of my fellow nurses. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2018, 01:17 PM

17,716 posts, read 9,181,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAA121325 View Post
Where is a good place to go to school for my RN?!
Rhode Island College

Old 11-10-2018, 02:11 PM

8,497 posts, read 4,558,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Rhode Island College

Both RI College and URI jointly operate the RI Nursing Education Center at a newly renovated facility at 350 Eddy Street. It is located just south of downtown Providence in and around the Brown Medical School campus and near the complex of three of the state's leading (by type) hospitals (RI Hospital/Hasbro Childrens Hospital/Women & Infants Hospital). Both RIC and URI state public schools award degrees.

Old 11-20-2018, 03:11 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,080,479 times
Quote:
As an LPN moving to Pawtucket, what are some good places to work? Where is a good place to go to school for my RN? Anything else I may need to know as a Nurse in RI? I always value the thoughts and opinions of my fellow nurses. Thanks in advance!
I am a life long R.I. resident and have been an R.N. x 40 years. I got my ADN/R.N. at the Community College of R.I. Warwick campus, and completed my BSN at R.I. College a few years later while I was working at Roger Williams Hospital in Providence. After leaving Roger Williams I worked in a number of nursing jobs mostly in hospital ER settings over the course of the next 20 years. In 2000 I took an R.N. case management position at the VA Hospital primary care clinic in Providence. Although no job is perfect including mine, I have very much enjoyed working with the Veteran population which is very rewarding for me having been the child of a now deceased career Navy father so Vets hold a special place in my heart. And additionally I get paid pretty well, have great benefits, and when I retire it will be with a Federal pension which is very rare these days especially working in the private sector.

You will find as an LPN primarily in the northeast most hospitals will not hire LPNs, and if this is the setting you want to work in it is good you are being proactive in pursuit of getting your R.N. If working with the Veteran population is of interest to you the VA does hire LPNs since it is 20% inpatient and 80% out patient give or take, and for this reason with the many clinics that form the VA outpatient care settings LPNs are an integral part of the staffing of the clinics. My clinic has 5 great LPNs and we are looking to hire a few more so get your application in and you can do this through the USAjobs.gov web site.

Best of luck!!!

Last edited by Nightengale212; 11-20-2018 at 03:23 AM.. Reason: delete word

Old 12-03-2018, 08:14 AM

3 posts, read 1,874 times
Thank you soooo much Nightengale212. This is exactly the information I needed to hear.

Old 12-05-2018, 02:56 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,080,479 times
Quote:
Thank you soooo much Nightengale212. This is exactly the information I needed to hear.
At my department meeting yesterday I heard there will be 3 LPN positions open in the near future so get your application in ASAP!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island