Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 08:48 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,288,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetoid View Post
Would you prefer "unsophisticated"? Would it surprise you to discover that your reputation/times read ratio is 1/4179, while mine is 1/484? You're the prototypical defensive, insecure, myopic homer. You're what's wrong with Rhode Island and you don't even know it.
So you measure your reputation value on the number of read ratio numbers on city-data forum? Now that's funny!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2017, 08:55 AM

325 posts, read 311,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattig View Post
So you measure your reputation value on the number of read ratio numbers on city-data forum? Now that's funny!
Within the context of this forum? Absolutely! It repudiates all that you claim to be true, both about me and your broken state. Look the truth is that some here find you a bit "fragile". Personally, I find it a disservice. I think you can handle the truth.

Old 01-08-2018, 01:15 PM

15 posts, read 13,945 times
Hey Planetoid, I understand most of your criticisms and have some of my own. If you read my earlier contributions to this thread you’ll see that I’m somewhat conflicted about my possible move back to RI.

You’ve obviously given this a lot of thought so I’d like to ask your opinion.
I’m in the position to choose a new location at my leisure. I'm a cash buyer originally from RI with no particular career requirement. Semi retired, mainly self employed and no kids.
Where do you think I should live?
I’d also like to know where you currently live.
Thanks

Old 01-16-2018, 10:36 AM

15 posts, read 13,945 times
Cue Crickets sound...

Old 01-16-2018, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citykid View Post
Cue Crickets sound...
Oops, sorry for the delay. There's only two places in New England that I could possibly recommend. Connecticut, within New York's social and economic sphere or Massachusetts within Boston's. And since I'm a Boston guy, that's where it's at for me. Brookline/Newton, Lexington/Lincoln/Concord/Carlisle, or Ipswich/Essex/Rowley/Hamilton would all be great choices. If you're looking for someone to nudge you toward the Bottom State, then you haven't been reading my posts.

Old 01-17-2018, 04:56 AM

164 posts, read 125,241 times
I have friends in that "nice" north shore - they came to our place near the east bay bike path and were blown away at the peacefulness along the shoreline. THere are some very special places in RI, we fortunately found it. Is it great for commute to boston, probably same as livng on the more far north or south shore commutes. Southern CT, that is another scene all together unless you check in mystic ct.

Old 01-17-2018, 06:05 AM

9,290 posts, read 14,905,031 times
Quote:
Oops, sorry for the delay. There's only two places in New England that I could possibly recommend. Connecticut, within New York's social and economic sphere or Massachusetts within Boston's. And since I'm a Boston guy, that's where it's at for me. Brookline/Newton, Lexington/Lincoln/Concord/Carlisle, or Ipswich/Essex/Rowley/Hamilton would all be great choices. If you're looking for someone to nudge you toward the Bottom State, then you haven't been reading my posts.
Perhaps then, you should save your biases for multi- millionaires only. Every city you mentioned requires a significant budget.

Old 01-17-2018, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
Perhaps then, you should save your biases for multi- millionaires only. Every city you mentioned requires a significant budget.
Poor Holly, stuck in Rhode Island. What you refer to as bias is also known by a bigger word. Preference.

Old 01-17-2018, 07:10 AM

And maybe the citykid has a significant budget.

Old 01-17-2018, 08:43 AM

9,290 posts, read 14,905,031 times
Quote:
Poor Holly, stuck in Rhode Island. What you refer to as bias is also known by a bigger word. Preference.
You're being ridiculous--- I am far from "stuck in RI". You sound like our current president- when at a loss- just throw out random baseless remarks.

Your "help" is simple bias from someone who, according to you, doesn't even live here- so what your real game (or your real beef) is- I don't know. Other posters looking for actual help moving here should know this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island