Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2024, 12:33 PM

23,841 posts, read 19,008,205 times

Advertisements

Must have been a long eight minutes for you.

Last edited by massnative71; 02-10-2024 at 01:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2024, 02:42 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,248,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandOwen86 View Post
I've heard that the only thing worse is when the "gangbangers" and denizens of the "ghetto" break out their poles and FISH each other.
Or when they bring their walkers and picnic baskets into the park. Or - yikes - sometimes BOTH!

Old 02-10-2024, 03:19 PM

18,140 posts, read 9,456,266 times
If Owen and Bucket West Miguel are riding ATVs in the Reservoir neighborhood, what will be easier for them to find: croissants or fentanyl?

Old 02-10-2024, 04:02 PM

3,864 posts, read 2,755,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
If Owen and Bucket West Miguel are riding ATVs in the Reservoir neighborhood, what will be easier for them to find: croissants or fentanyl?
If I had to guess, I’d wager that Bucket West Miguel isn’t a sock puppet of any normal poster here. But could he be a sock puppet of one of Krude Krime Klods? It is possible.

Old 02-10-2024, 04:51 PM

3,864 posts, read 2,755,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandOwen86 View Post
I've already discussed this with your partner in Kompulsive Krime Kataloguing.

Your belief that ormari and I are a single person posting under two City-Data Forum user names is a mistaken one. I have never posted in the City-Data Forums under the user name ormari. I know for a fact that whoever is the person behind the ormari identity and the account bearing it has never posted in the City-Data Forums using my IslandOwen86 user name/account.

Bottom line: You are WRONG on that count. That said, it provides me with no end of enjoyment and satisfaction to see you continue to double-down on the IslandOwen86/ormari error. It stands as an example of how blindly - albeit mistakenly - sure you are in your own brilliance, while remaining blissfully unaware of your ignorance. Further, it proves that I'm living rent-free in your head.

No croissants for me, thanks... but you're welcome to Kontinue Konsuming Krow. Bon appétit!
Their specialty, for lack of any other, is being wrong. And they seemingly don’t feel embarrassment in being wrong. They’re conditioned to it.

Old 02-11-2024, 09:53 AM

Police Make Gun Arrest in Providence - Investigating Potential Gang Ties

"Providence police said that they arrested a suspect on gun charges overnight.
It took place outside a club in Olneyville that police say gang members are known to frequent."

Passion Lounge on Plainfield Street.

Black SUV

Street View: https://maps.app.goo.gl/8JcypWaPTSvSwJAF9

Old 02-11-2024, 09:56 AM

^ The dude was wearing a Latin Kings sweatshirt.

Old 02-11-2024, 03:08 PM

23,841 posts, read 19,008,205 times
Right by the convention center.

Couple Reports Assault in Downtown Providence While Getting E-Bike

https://www.golocalprov.com/news/cou...getting-e-bike

Old 02-12-2024, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Like when Krusty Kroissant King be too scared to open up a Google link?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ormari View Post
It’s not fear. The Kantankerous Krime Kretins have proven themselves to be malevolent actors here. It’s just basic net smarts not to click links provided by untrustworthy people. Duh?
^ This is just another stunt by this member. The idea is to scare the reader into not clicking links.

He actually learned this one from our resident fast food fiend.

Old 02-12-2024, 08:30 AM

13,008 posts, read 22,191,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
General crime stats have practical limits in an urban living environment. Having lived in Elmwood, we felt relatively safe in the small owner occupied historic district streets (and homeowners still do). Even though we lived surrounded by varying degrees of criminal on criminal & petty crime nearby.

We went walking freely about visiting neighbors several blocks away day & night without fearing or experiencing violence. Did we hang off of Broad Street at night? No, of course not, common sense prevails. An urban, rather than suburban mindset, is required for security & happiness. It's not for everybody, but it's not unsafe.
Good post. I do believe crime data is a very important part of making an informed decision. Particularly for someone who is completely unfamiliar with a place - it's a good foundation to begin working from. As many of us have said on numerous occasions, safety is a whole lot more nuanced than simply looking at numbers on a spread sheet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island