Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2007, 01:46 PM

213 posts, read 937,031 times

Advertisements

Is Doyle Street in Providence a safe place to live. I am looking into a house to rent on that street. Hard to determine from out of state. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2007, 02:09 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,126,326 times
Do you have the cross-streets? Doyle, if I remember correctly runs from Downtown (Main Street) into the East Side of Providence. Both are acceptable places to live--East Side can be posh but also has some run-down houses.

Can't advise just based on an address. I've seen some great and awful houses in good neighbourhoods (in Providence and elsewhere).

The rent may tell you something as well.

Old 01-08-2007, 05:54 PM

474 posts, read 2,193,180 times
I believe you meant to say Doyle "Avenue" in Providence, on the East Side closer to Brown University. Is this correct? Doyle Ave. runs from North Main St., uphill west to Hope St., then crosses Hope St., and then downhill to the better areas of the East Side.

Unless there has been a neighborhood revitalization, I would vote a definite No. It is off North Main St., not a good area. Check with the Providence Police Dept. for an up to date crime report on that area.

Old 01-09-2007, 08:31 AM

213 posts, read 937,031 times
thanks everyone....they had Doyle St but you are right it is Doyle Ave...I mapped it and it looks like it is off Main...thanks for the heads up!!

Old 02-01-2007, 10:09 PM

11 posts, read 36,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamsauer View Post
thanks everyone....they had Doyle St but you are right it is Doyle Ave...I mapped it and it looks like it is off Main...thanks for the heads up!!
Definitely a lot of crime in that area.
I currently live in Providence, Rhode Island (until the end of the month).
If you have any questions or think you might find a place you'd like, feel free to PM me the street and I'll drive by if I can and let you know how the block/area looks.

Definitely check with the Providence Police Department if your interested in the crime reports though.

Old 05-03-2007, 08:37 AM

257 posts, read 1,335,740 times
Doyle Ave from North Main to Hope Street is a little rough, though getting better by the day (just drug problems left). Lot's of condo conversions in the big older houses there. East of Hope Street Doyle is very nice and definitely more like the "East Side" people expect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
View detailed profiles of: