Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2017, 03:43 PM

4 posts, read 4,348 times

Advertisements

Hey All- Can anyone direct me to resources to find things to do in the area? I just relocated here for work last week and Im struggling finding active things to do. I don't know anyone (yet) and Im not much of a bar guy anymore. Ive started googling around and the likes, but Im not coming up with much ...which might be just because I don't know where to start (yet).

Im looking for events and activities which would be good for meeting people as well.... or really just some resources that could assist me in finding my way. Im a guy, early 40s, active and social so anything from kickball/softball to cooking classes to volunteering would be of interest to me. I just don't know a soul yet (minus my new boss and the head of HR haha).

Any help would be seriously appreciated!.

J
North Providence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 05:04 PM

4,402 posts, read 3,197,140 times
In a hurry right now so I can't post at length but the first thing that comes to mind is Providence Kickball League, a silly, more for fun than out for blood kickball League. They just started but maybe some teams need another player? Email Sean Larkin, couldn't hurt to ask. Or show up at Dexter Training Ground on Saturday. Here are a few links that explain it further.

https://www.facebook.com/pvdkickball/
Providence Kickball League

Old 06-08-2017, 05:05 PM

9,290 posts, read 14,908,083 times
Craigslist, Meetup groups, city of Providence website, College websites (Brown, Providence College, RI College, have activities).

https://www.visitrhodeisland.com/what-to-do/events/

Old 06-08-2017, 05:35 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
I just moved here two, and following places from the zoo to clubs on facebook as led to many awesome things.

Old 06-09-2017, 06:02 AM

156 posts, read 438,985 times
If you are a dog person, so to speak, there is an organization called NEADS (National Education for Assistance Dog Services) that is often looking for volunteers as weekend puppy raisers. I've been doing the program for years and love it.

NEADS | Raise a Puppy

Old 06-09-2017, 08:15 AM

9,290 posts, read 14,908,083 times
I always thought this organization sounded pretty cool- it dates to 1879....

Narragansett Bay Wheelmen

Old 06-09-2017, 10:15 AM

2,811 posts, read 2,184,013 times
Check out Blackstone Culinaria, which offers cooking demonstrations (not a cooking class, per se) and a meal at a variety of restaurants in the Blackstone Valley. There is one coming up on June 21. Blackstone Culinaria - Secret Ingredient Food Tours and dining promotion in Blackstone Valley Rhode Island
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island