Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 10:31 AM

20 posts, read 112,741 times

Advertisements

Sorry had to wait for lunch break before I posted a response.

The 02920 is where my office will be.

I am from Dallas and as they say everything is big in Texas. Huge apts for reasonable price, ample parking space and that's the mindset I have. So...I want to make sure that I am ready for surprises in RI.

Jason, Yes.. I need a place lined up before I move and start work. I have two weeks to accomplish that
Agree with Terrasurf...it's going to be an adjustment and I am ready

NyAnnie: Thanks for the inputs. Again mall is something I just said for fun. My priority is safety which has been a challenge at times in Dallas as well.

Holly Thanks for the reviews. Again...safety first malls later .

I am going to be in RI over the weekend to look around. Will post again.

Thanks Guys..You have been very helpful...Cheers, Rachel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 01:32 PM

397 posts, read 1,399,217 times
Unless you live in a dumpy area, or are looking for trouble, safety is almost a non-issue here, thankfully- at least IMO.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:36 PM

Hello again:

I am scheduled to look at a few apartments such as Dean Estates Ii
Garden City
Chateau Proper
Woodridge Manor Apartments

I might select one of them depending on the space, rent, parking, and obviously management.

Thanks, Rachel

Old 04-16-2010, 01:52 PM

No offense but, I recall taking the public bus from Dallas to Fort Worth, and getting quite a few stares, and actually felt a bit uncomfortable. Things are a little more integrated in RI.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:54 PM

I agree with you. So..no offence. It can be dangerous in DFW if you end up living in a place that gets robbed or shot all the time. The good thing is I may not take like 3 months to find a place in RI which is kind of the time line in Dallas.

So..thanks....for that... Very Encouraging ))))))

Old 04-16-2010, 02:12 PM

24 posts, read 85,978 times
02920 is where I work as well, it's been pretty nice for me.

You don't mind prisons, do you? ;-)

lol nothing to worry about! I work directly across from the prison (or ACI) and there isn't anything to worry about. I wouldn't pick up any hitchhikers though.

Really it's a nice area, but you should know the prison is in the area in case you have some phobia about it.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:22 PM

Hopefully riliving.com has been one of your apt hunting resources..

Old 04-16-2010, 03:07 PM

Oh..No! Somebody suggested AptRatings.com and that's where I have been. Happy to check out riliving.com.

Jason...did I read prison...OMG...no.no.no. I want be nowhere near prisons....sorry.... They freak me out!.

Old 04-16-2010, 03:13 PM

Terrasurf... Thank you for providing riliving.com. It's better to take a look at the pictures while apt hunting.

HAs anyone lived in the Royal Crest Estates Apts? Just a question!

Old 04-16-2010, 03:37 PM

4,265 posts, read 11,425,505 times
Royal Crest are in Warwick and the Chateau Apartments are on Oaklawn Ave in Cranston. Both are very nice, in good areas. I grew up in Warwick and lived in Cranston for 20 years prior to leaving RI 2 years ago. I prefer Cranston. The Chateau is a great location. Nice area, very close to shopping in Garden City (an area of Cranston with wonderful outdoor shopping), great access to highways etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island