Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2020, 06:53 PM

132 posts, read 254,413 times

Advertisements

How has the Pandemic affected you personally? What changes have you made in your daily routines? How would you rate local and state response? Do you have any information or advice that you would like to share?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2020, 06:02 AM

1,022 posts, read 919,154 times
I will be working from home for the next month at least. I also work in Healthcare so things have been quite hectic, even with me working in a role that can mostly be done from home. My college courses have also been moved online for the next two weeks.

Old 03-17-2020, 08:10 AM

1,751 posts, read 1,691,601 times
Im a renovation carpenter. Working from home isn’t an option. I have 2-3 weeks of work where I can be in isolation or have very limited contact with customers. As the numbers of sick and dead increase I expect to get kicked out of homes.

I’m a pretty social person so the isolation will be rough on me. All of my streaming subscriptions are paid for the next month so I will be entertained I guess. I guess I’ll still go outside (Things seem normal in the woods) but I live downtown and the empty streets induce panic, dread.

My 80 year old mother is in a nursing home in Tidewater. I’m nervous about that. Not worried about my own health, I’m not too old, pretty healthy.

Old 03-18-2020, 11:56 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,805,846 times
Can't go to ACAC due to 10 person limit. DMV is shut down so can't do required walk-in services ( DMV at the direction of Virginia Governor Ralph Northam, is extending the validity of driver’s licenses, identification cards, and vehicle registrations that expire between March 15 and May 15 for 60 days). Too many out of stocks. Amazon & Walmart 2-day delivery is now around 5 days. Internet speeds are dropping dramatically even though paying for high end speeds.

Old 04-19-2020, 10:48 AM

1,949 posts, read 4,430,438 times
Anybody know of any barber shops staying open (or individuals still cutting otherwise)? All the ones around me are closed even though the exec order doesn't force that on them if they keep the "social distancing" in check. Getting a little shaggy around here! No doubt it's financially better for them to lock the doors and take the handouts.

Old 04-20-2020, 12:39 AM

79 posts, read 116,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snatale1 View Post
Anybody know of any barber shops staying open (or individuals still cutting otherwise)? All the ones around me are closed even though the exec order doesn't force that on them if they keep the "social distancing" in check. Getting a little shaggy around here! No doubt it's financially better for them to lock the doors and take the handouts.
Executive order 53 specifically closed all barbershops and salons because it is impossible to socially distance yourself from your barber or hairdresser. So they are all closed until order is lifted.

Old 05-02-2020, 09:00 PM

2,072 posts, read 6,704,056 times
How well are the hospitals is Richmond and surrounding areas keeping up with coronavirus patients? Are the hospitals there severely overcrowded? Shortages of ventilators or medical masks there? Any uptick in crime or food shortages?

Thank you

Old 06-30-2020, 08:49 AM

1,949 posts, read 4,430,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ettagrl View Post
Executive order 53 specifically closed all barbershops and salons because it is impossible to socially distance yourself from your barber or hairdresser. So they are all closed until order is lifted.

Old and outdated now, but if you read the order it didn't. Just phrased it that way and expected you to stop reading. Like most things out of the state house.

Quote:
Beauty salons, barbershops, spas, massage parlors, tanning salons, tattoo shops, and any other location where personal care or personal grooming services are performed that would not allow compliance with social distancing guidelines to remain six feet apart;
Small tweak and they could have stayed open.... OR they could get their gov't money and close!

https://www.governor.virginia.gov/media/governorvirginiagov/executive-actions/EO-53-Temporary-Restrictions-Due-To-Novel-Coronavirus-(COVID-19).pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
View detailed profiles of: