Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2008, 12:55 PM

2 posts, read 7,783 times

Advertisements

Hello all, I'm new to the forums and in need of some help!

A few days ago I was trying to parallel park on Bowe St right next to the Kroger before Leigh, and I accidentally tapped bumpers with another car. I backed out thinking nothing was too bad, it was light after all and unfortunately this wasn't the first time I've done it (or had it done to me), so I moved over to Clay St and parked. Well the person who owned that car must have seen what happened and called the cops! They went through their cop roll and ended up writing me a ticket for "improper backing" and said I got lucky that I didn't go too far or else they could have charged me with leaving the scene.

Now I have my ticket and the box is checked for the ability to pre-pay the fine and avoid court, but there's no amount written on it. It says to call 804-646-8942 for help, which turns out to be some number for the General District Court Manchester Division, but it's a pre-recorded message that goes through a painful laundry list of infractions and their fines. The only one close to mine I heard was "improper, defective equipment - $30" which doesn't seem right at all. It gives a couple numbers at the end of the message, 804-646-8888 and 804-646-8887, which I called both, but it's the Department of Finance/Social Services/Public Works/Community Interest offices and trying to get an agent by hitting "0" just goes to a dead end silence.

I also checked that Virginia Courts Case Information website and I am listed underneath the "Richmond General District / Traffic" court, which states it is not a pre-pay court. I am not listed underneath the two Richmond pre-payable courts of "Richmond County Combined" and "Richmond/Manchester General District." My ticket definitely has the box checked for pre-pay so maybe they just have to update their system, or am I actually stuck going to court?

Has anyone else had a similar problem or have gone through the process? I did search the forum and did find the link to the VA court system but nothing else. This is my first ticket in Richmond.

Last edited by kirbysuperstar; 05-01-2008 at 01:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 02:20 PM

486 posts, read 1,949,145 times
I think they probably just need to update the system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
View detailed profiles of: