Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 11:16 AM

8 posts, read 24,185 times

Advertisements

This is one place my husband and I can afford to rent from when we move toVA from MI. The reviews seem decent on the place. Does anyone think that it is a decent area to raise a family in?
It's on Ander Court if that gives you any idea of the neighborhood.
Everything I've looked at that's in our price range ($650) is horrible. It's really disheartening.
We want to be no more than half an hour (preferably less) away from Union PSCE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 11:46 PM

63 posts, read 268,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrseum11 View Post
This is one place my husband and I can afford to rent from when we move toVA from MI. The reviews seem decent on the place. Does anyone think that it is a decent area to raise a family in?
It's on Ander Court if that gives you any idea of the neighborhood.
Everything I've looked at that's in our price range ($650) is horrible. It's really disheartening.
We want to be no more than half an hour (preferably less) away from Union PSCE.
I will be moving in a few months from ME to VA. We unfortunately have the same price range so I know what you are talking about. I have looked at MANY rentals web sites and looked at MANY apts online, but I don't recognize that name. Where did you find this?

Old 07-01-2008, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMBird View Post
I will be moving in a few months from ME to VA. We unfortunately have the same price range so I know what you are talking about. I have looked at MANY rentals web sites and looked at MANY apts online, but I don't recognize that name. Where did you find this?
I've searched forrent.com
It's difficult to find something decent in our price range, huh?!
Here is the profile for it:
View Chippenham Townhomes Apartments For Rent in Richmond, Virginia - ForRent.com

If you click on the virtual tour, you will see some of the rooms. Of course, it is an older building.

I also check Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed
and it seems to be one of the better places around.
Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed
7 people rated it, and 76% recommend it. One person had their car broken into (But that can happen anywhere, My husband and I had BOTH our cars broekn into here a few years ago.)
A Pastor at the school has lived in Richmond for 20 years, and told my husband yesterday that Chippingham was safer, so it's looking like a solid option.
I hope this helps!

Last edited by Yac; 07-01-2008 at 02:14 PM..

Old 07-01-2008, 08:33 AM

111 posts, read 429,070 times
I've heard that Union PSCE owns some apartments/townhomes on Hermitage Road about a 1/2 mile from campus. The rents are supposed to be really low and the units are in a safe neighborhood, although maybe not as up-to-date as you may want. I don't know the name of the apartments but they are located near Laburnum and Hermitage Road and I've heard they fill up fast due to the very reasonable rents. Ask around at Union and I'm sure someone will know them. Good luck!

Old 07-01-2008, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderVA View Post
I've heard that Union PSCE owns some apartments/townhomes on Hermitage Road about a 1/2 mile from campus. The rents are supposed to be really low and the units are in a safe neighborhood, although maybe not as up-to-date as you may want. I don't know the name of the apartments but they are located near Laburnum and Hermitage Road and I've heard they fill up fast due to the very reasonable rents. Ask around at Union and I'm sure someone will know them. Good luck!
Thank you. Do you possibly know if they are the dorms? The animal friendly dorms were full, and I believe that is why they never suggested these other "apartments" most likely because they are not animal friendly. It's a bit annoying. Rice apartments are the animal friendly dorms, but apparently, only HALF of the Rice apartments are accomodating for animals.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:59 AM

1,292 posts, read 4,707,340 times
i live in Chippenham area (by the hospital) and it is a very quiet place. I see people riding their bikes and jogging when I get up early. Plenty of place are along the GRTC Bus lines. At night it's fairly safe also (I say fairly because I usually do not leave my doors open or windows up at night but some people in the area do and so far have not had any problems). Just like anywhere though you have to get to know your community and whats going on. I'm not sure how the schools are but depending on where you end up Chesterfield schools are are ALWAYS in the news for rezoning. Richmond Schools.. well let's just say the students have more sense than the people that run the School Board.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:16 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,262,500 times
The best way to find out about an area is to visit the Richmond Police Departments website and you can type in the area, zip, etc and check out the crime.

Have you looked at anything in the Fan? Sometimes they can be less expensive.

Welcome to Virginia. I lived in Michigan while working on my masters. You will find the weather better!

Old 07-01-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
The best way to find out about an area is to visit the Richmond Police Departments website and you can type in the area, zip, etc and check out the crime.

Have you looked at anything in the Fan? Sometimes they can be less expensive.

Welcome to Virginia. I lived in Michigan while working on my masters. You will find the weather better!
Really? The fan? Everything I looked at was more expensive. :/

Old 07-02-2008, 09:04 AM

111 posts, read 429,070 times
As far as I know, the apartments at Hermitage and Laburnum are not the dorms. They are just apartments owned by Union. I believe they also allow pets. I'm sorry I don't know the name of the complex but someone at Union can tell you.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderVA View Post
As far as I know, the apartments at Hermitage and Laburnum are not the dorms. They are just apartments owned by Union. I believe they also allow pets. I'm sorry I don't know the name of the complex but someone at Union can tell you.
Thank you, we will definately call and look into that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
View detailed profiles of: