Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 11:48 PM

161 posts, read 697,142 times

Advertisements

Richmond can be a great place to live. Just be careful of the friends you choose. I unfortunately picked the wrong crowd and muy experience here has been tainted. The Fan is lots of fun, walk to bars, lots of young people your age. I honestly would stay away from the slip or the bottom at first. Check the fan out I think you will be pleased. What is your price range? Maybe that would help. I personally am on my way out of Virginia but I wish you the best of luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 07:58 PM

9 posts, read 22,539 times
well i am waiting on my company to give me my moving package deal until i really know my price range. i know once i start working the top of my price range would be like $800 for everything including cable and internet. I am looking at the richmond dairy apartments along with a few others. anyone have any info on the apartment building? really i am just trying to make sure i live in a decently safe place and i don't want my apartment or car to get broken into. i should know by the end of the week what my moving package is going to be and will probably be up there looking for places to rent the beginning to the middle of the week as they would like me to start monday the 6th as long as everything goes smoothly. any other apartments anyone wants to through out there that would be great.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:53 PM

3 posts, read 4,413 times
Default What store?

What store are you going to work for? I just moved here myself from out of state for a job so i know whats its like trying to find a place. I know a couple people that live in the fan, so i could try to find out any good appts. but where is the store located and what store and i will try and help

Old 09-29-2008, 10:56 PM

i am going to be managing the dominos at broad and willow lawn. i am gonna be up there tomorrow or wednesday or possibly both. still looking for a place to stay even considering finding someone who needs a roommate but still wanna would like to find a place on my own if i can.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:42 PM

well getting everything packed up. going to greenville nc for my buddys 21st bday and then heading up to richmond around mid day. still looking for a place but i have a few places that seem like they will work out. well thanks everyone for your views and help.

and lastly whats a good place downtown thats a good place to go shoot pool at that would probably have a lot of 20yo girls.

Last edited by Yac; 10-07-2008 at 04:48 AM..

Old 10-29-2008, 12:35 PM

well i have been here for 2 weeks now and everything is going good. i am living at 17th and main for the time being and i got promoted at work within 4 days to the busiest store in richmond. i am now the gm of the belvidere dominos right across from vcu. i am liking everything so far and am happy that i have like 10 bars within a block of my house lol. plus i am liking the fact that there is a lot of young people around which is a plus as well.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:50 PM

418 posts, read 1,049,044 times
Glad you have had a successful move. My son (20) moved to the Fan this summer to a funky place on Monument and is loving life there.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:06 AM

9 posts, read 28,015 times
do NOT move to Coliseum Lofts, i lived there while working full time and it was a terrible choice. I was constantly woken up to sounds of drunken kids banging on my doors, banging on the walls (which are paper thin), and all sorts of noise and ruckus. Your best bet is to move to the Carytown area, especially if you are going to be working near Willow Lawn. It's ALOT quieter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond