Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 07:22 AM

631 posts, read 1,290,816 times

Advertisements

River City Real Estate has 1 BR apt's for 615+util
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 07:34 AM

1,799 posts, read 6,317,535 times
I'd research River City before renting from them...

Old 01-22-2010, 10:10 AM

383 posts, read 1,016,967 times
I would look on Craigslist - great resource. I currently am renting my large one bedroom condo at Ashley Terrace, for example: Why pay fan prices for upgrades finishes? (http://richmond.craigslist.org/apa/1563931784.html - broken link)

Old 01-26-2010, 03:15 PM

1,292 posts, read 4,705,441 times
I'm pretty sure you won't have a hard time finding a apartment complex with a higher black population. Good luck, I've had enough of it. I'm black also and I would not recommend living in a (all) black neighborhood. There are some good ones in Henrico but as far as the city, bring protection.

you can read a few reviews here to see what i mean.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:17 PM

154 posts, read 388,574 times
I highly recommend the Fan or the Museum District. Lots going on, relatively safe, cheap apartments. Like someone else said, do some research on River City Real Estate if you are considering them...

Old 02-14-2010, 04:30 PM

7 posts, read 17,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyenne1016 View Post
I live in NYC and have been thinking of relocating to either Richmond, or anywhere close to DC. What is it like to live and work in Richmond, what neighborhoods for rentals 2 or 3 bedrooms, what is the job market like.
I would definetly recommend Richmond. I have several friends here from New York and one still commutes back and forth. It is much more affordable than NY or DC. You get more space for the $$. The job market here is better than average especially in these times. Give a little more detail as to what you are looking for and I can help direct you in the right direction. There is most everything here to appeal to people of all different tastes, backgrounds & interests. Forest Hill is very close to downtown, it is quite affordable, close to Forest hill park and James River Park.

Old 06-05-2010, 05:53 PM

35 posts, read 90,288 times
I wanna jump in on this a bit...I've been thinking about Richmond also, but after living in the Detroit area for 7yrs, I don't want to be a high crime area but I DO prefer diversity and/or living among educated, upstanding Blacks.

I'd like:
- a healthy selection of urban or cultural things to do in terms of arts, museums, etc.
-we used to go roller skating on weekend nights back in Southfield, MI, so that'd be cool to find
-great food, not necessarily "fine dining", but just great tasting "dives" if you will
-safe(-er)neighborhood
-a bountiful Farmer's Market !!!
-a bit of things to do in terms of "night life", not only clubs, but just places to go at night and listen to music, relax, have drinks,etc
-live music (that isn't only geared towards heavy metal/hard rock OR rap music)

can I find all of this in Richmond?????????

Old 06-05-2010, 05:58 PM

1,292 posts, read 4,705,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msrdp View Post
I wanna jump in on this a bit...I've been thinking about Richmond also, but after living in the Detroit area for 7yrs, I don't want to be a high crime area but I DO prefer diversity and/or living among educated, upstanding Blacks.

I'd like:
- a healthy selection of urban or cultural things to do in terms of arts, museums, etc.
-we used to go roller skating on weekend nights back in Southfield, MI, so that'd be cool to find
-great food, not necessarily "fine dining", but just great tasting "dives" if you will
-safe(-er)neighborhood
-a bountiful Farmer's Market !!!
-a bit of things to do in terms of "night life", not only clubs, but just places to go at night and listen to music, relax, have drinks,etc
-live music (that isn't only geared towards heavy metal/hard rock OR rap music)

can I find all of this in Richmond?????????

Community Answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stva View Post
I highly recommend the Fan or the Museum District. Lots going on, relatively safe, cheap apartments. Like someone else said, do some research on River City Real Estate if you are considering them...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
View detailed profiles of: