Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 07:07 PM

186 posts, read 471,016 times

Advertisements

Found a geat house in Midlothian, but I am not really sold on that area versus Glen Allen. I have no small children to worry about in regards to school selection. If you live in Midlothian, tell me why you chose that town and what keeps you there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 09:35 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
I grew up there and lived there as an adult after college and having kids...we are now back down in the city and haven't looked back once.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:36 AM

1,570 posts, read 4,619,301 times
I think people look to Midlothian for several reasons.. More bang for your buck you simply get more house for your money in Midlothian, Schools: Chesterfield has a pretty good school system especially in the Midlothian area and convience, Midlothian has numerous malls and shopping centers and its close to major highways and you can get to all parts of town in 30 mins or less. I think Midlothian is one of those places either you love it or you hate it there is no in between. Personally if I had to choose between Glen Allen and Midlothian I would choose Midlothian. Glen Allen dosnt do much for me to be honest.

Old 10-17-2009, 06:28 AM

486 posts, read 1,949,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluidblonde View Post
Found a geat house in Midlothian, but I am not really sold on that area versus Glen Allen. I have no small children to worry about in regards to school selection. If you live in Midlothian, tell me why you chose that town and what keeps you there?
What section of Midlothian are you referring to? I am not a fan of the 360 area, but love the area off Robious, near 288.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:34 AM

I am not from the area, so I am not aware of the numbers you referred to, so sorry, but the home is located near Independence Golf Club I believe.

Old 10-17-2009, 10:07 AM

That's the area I do like. I love the convenience to both Midlothian and the West End without West End traffic. I love the way that new billboards are not allowed and business signs have to be small. Midlothian is very well kept and safe. What do you like about Glen Allen?

Old 10-17-2009, 05:09 PM

I think Glen Allen has far better conveniences than Midlothian. Truthfully, that's a big draw for me!

Old 10-17-2009, 09:40 PM

What conveniences do you mean? I only go to the West End for Whole Foods and Nordstrom. Everything else, we have in Midlo.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:53 AM

My first impression as on outsider, is that Glenn Allen is much more attractive and inviting to drive arround. While driving around Midlothian, I get the distinct impression that it is the town people forgot about. It looks unkept (not in the sub-divisions,) tired and old. I have to admit I have not visited all there is to see in Midlothian, this is about the areas I drove through on my own, last week. Maybe I was just not in the right place??????

Old 10-18-2009, 01:28 PM

2,697 posts, read 8,697,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluidblonde View Post
My first impression as on outsider, is that Glenn Allen is much more attractive and inviting to drive arround. While driving around Midlothian, I get the distinct impression that it is the town people forgot about. It looks unkept (not in the sub-divisions,) tired and old. I have to admit I have not visited all there is to see in Midlothian, this is about the areas I drove through on my own, last week. Maybe I was just not in the right place??????
I'm kind of surprised you think Midlothian is tired looking. I live in Glen Allen and would never leave because of convenience (husband works in Innsbrook and I love Nordstrom, Trader Joes, Tom Leonards and Whole Foods) and because I love my daughter's elementary school, but whenever I drive through Midlothian I find it to be so charming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond