Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area
 [Register]
Roanoke area Roanoke - Salem area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2009, 12:14 PM

1 posts, read 3,062 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Does anyone know who might be willing to rent out a place for me, my girlfriend and our Nigerian Pygmy Goat? We are a couple relocating to Roanoke from Maine to teach high school English at North Cross and attend college at VWCC. We would like to find a rental in the SW Roanoke County area although would be open to other locations as well.

Since we have a pet goat we will need to be outside of the city. She is a very friendly female Nigerian Dwarf goat. These goats don't get any larger than a medium sized dog and are very mild-mannered and tame. She has been bottle fed, held, and loved since birth so she is very friendly. She has no horns and, since she is a doe, no billy goat stink. For her we would like to have a fenced yard but would be able to put up a fence and make a pen. Her picture is attatched.

Addition features we would prefer:
2-3 bedrooms
Space in yard for garden
$900 or less including utilities

If you or anyone you know might be able to help us out, please contact us via email or telephone at (509) 301-1957. We can provide references, sign a long term lease and move in immediately.
Attached Thumbnails
Goat Friendly Rental?-goat.jpg  
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 07:42 AM

3,513 posts, read 6,374,594 times
I see that you have already posted on CL but you might want to do another post there in the Farm and Garden section to find a place to board/pasture her short term in you can't find a rental that will accommodate her right away.

If all else fails DM me and I'll see if I can't help find space for her with some of dog rescue contacts.

ps: Zugor is the name of my big goat who thinks he should be allowed to live in the house.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:57 PM

26 posts, read 60,535 times
How long are you looking to rent for and is SE a good location vice SW?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area
View detailed profiles of: