Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2013, 06:24 AM

838 posts, read 565,252 times

Advertisements

So i'm new to Rochester as well as to the forum, I've been living here for exactly 3-days and i'm really enjoying the city. Being new and all i was wondering if anyone would be willing to point me in the right direction as to were to go to buy my meats, I've lived in several other states and if there is one thing i know is that there's always that one store everyone goes to just for the meats so which is it in Rochester?

Please don't say Walmart or Wegmans... Thanks in advance for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2013, 10:54 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,618,351 times
There's the Public Market in downtown.

City of Rochester | Public Market

I do buy a great deal of my meat Wegman's. They have a nice assortment of organics I purchase.

Why cheap meat? Cheap meat isn't that great. You definitely get what you pay for with meat.

Old 06-08-2013, 02:39 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,588,635 times
The one store that everyone goes to for everything in Rochester (grocery-wise) is Wemgans. I know you said you didn't want to hear that, but it's just the way it is.

Welcome to Rochester! Glad you've enjoyed your time here so far!

Old 06-10-2013, 12:00 PM

76 posts, read 210,488 times
If you want quality at good prices (about same as wegman's non-organic prices, I think) you can try buying in bulk from various farms directly. About $6/pound for a 20+ pound mix of steaks, ground beef, and stew meat.

Old 06-10-2013, 05:36 PM

1,214 posts, read 2,323,576 times
Try any of the Italian deli's, such as Calabresella or Rubino's. Palmer Foods and Halal Market & Meats on Ridge are some others I like. Don't limit yourself to Wegmans just because others do. There are many options in Rochester.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:14 PM

2 posts, read 5,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 585WNY View Post
Try any of the Italian deli's, such as Calabresella or Rubino's. Palmer Foods and Halal Market & Meats on Ridge are some others I like. Don't limit yourself to Wegmans just because others do. There are many options in Rochester.
I'll second this. You can get better quality meats for cheaper prices at places like these instead of going to Wegmans. I like Triano's on Stone Road in Greece or Skips meat market.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:09 PM

Thanks so much for the suggestions everyone, I will make sure to check them out.

@585WNY yeah i've heard of Rubino's i might just have to give them an visit, Thanks again.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:16 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,618,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 585WNY View Post
What's a Halal Market like? I've never been to one. I've heard of them, but have no clue about them.

Old 06-16-2013, 04:32 PM

Well after going to Rubino's and seeing how the place was pretty much fufu and out of budget for me, I decided to head over to PriceRite and yeah i know what you're all thinking "ghetto, low quality meats" but really i got an pretty good deal i purchased 7 whole chicken breasts for $6.99 that was insane i actually ended up buying three of them. Another place i plan on visiting soon is NorthGate Market can't wait to get in on these deals.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:17 AM

Update: Just thought i would do an little update of my recent visit to various 'meat-markets', Upon exploring Rochester a bit more i found an awesome place called Inclemas Market its located on Goodman. They have the largest variety of meats i've seen yet at an very affordable price they also do bulk and have packages & offer 40LB boxes of chicken breasts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area