Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2011, 12:17 PM
VAx VAx started this thread

11 posts, read 12,414 times

Advertisements

Hey guys..I posted here a while ago for information regarding a move to nyc. Well, I ended up in rochester! I currently live here with a family friend and am now looking for my own place. I would love a loft style apartment but anything nice is great...I just don't know the good and bad areas yet. My budget is about 500-600 a month not including utilities. I work in henrietta so I'm kinda aiming for that area, but the city is fine too as long as its a good neighborhood. Can't write much more now, gotta head on in to work, but any suggestions? Ill be checking this when I get off work! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 12:20 PM

I did forget to mention I can go as high as 700 a month if the place is a steal. Thanks!

Old 03-02-2011, 10:01 PM

Any ideas at all guys? So far I've found Apartments in Rochester, New York | Parkwin Apartments | Rochester, NY

and my cousin highly suggests the Pines at Perinton...but other sources say to avoid that area.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:02 AM

93,390 posts, read 124,009,048 times
Perhaps something in Brighton, Southeastern neighborhoods in the city of Rochester, Henrietta or Chili. This website should help: Rochester NY apartments, Buffalo apartments, Syracuse apartments, Albany NY apartments listings from The Renters Guide

Old 03-04-2011, 12:16 PM

531 posts, read 1,144,199 times
pines of perrinton is awful.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:59 PM

6 posts, read 27,393 times
Do NOT move to Pines of Perinton. Sheesh. I'm not a fan of apartment communities in general but if that's your thing, you can do a HECK of a lot better.

The south wedge is a great neighborhood for a younger person with all the nightlife in walking distance and is relatively convenient to parts of Henrietta, although traffic can be god awful heading that way around rush hour.

Park Ave. is going to be more expensive and less convenient, but it's a fun neighborhood.

Check out RentRochester.com - Apartments for rent Rochester, NY | Houses for Rent Rochester, NY.

$700 will get you something just fine in most neighborhoods; just keep heating costs in mind.

Old 03-12-2011, 10:01 PM

Could anyone explain why the Pines of Perinton are so bad? Is it the people that live there?
Also, how are the Normandie Brownstone apartments? I know they have a horrible track record, but from what I've gathered online, they've improved considerably with the new management.
East Ave Commons anyone?

I forgot to mention that I currently live in the Clifford/Goodman area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area