Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2021, 08:00 PM

93,417 posts, read 124,120,588 times

Advertisements

Here is a nice article from NY Upstate about things to do in this Finger Lake city: https://www.newyorkupstate.com/thing...e-getaway.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2021, 03:29 PM

6,465 posts, read 3,160,332 times
Canandaigua hasn't been the same, since they tore down the original Roseland Park.......

Old 06-20-2021, 06:10 PM

186 posts, read 136,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
Canandaigua hasn't been the same, since they tore down the original Roseland Park.......
I've heard through the years Roseland used to be near Kershaw and not on Eastern Blvd (5&20 divided highway/service roads name). I'm not sure when that was built but it surely caused Wegmans to move to a new location (as I'm pretty sure Wegmans pre-Eastern Blvd was where Macri's is now). Also Canandaigua School District and Canandaigua Lake has become a spot for the business owners and elite people of the 585 area code to reside. Danny Wegman himself is one of many whom have property on Canandaigua Lake. Canandaigua School District is one of the most populated school districts in the Finger Lakes region but that's only because the happy people aren't working there, they blow off any steam they have on the car ride home to their fancy Canandaigua home so they can enjoy their family.

Also a lot of them Canandaigua School parents put CANANDAIGUA in big fat letters on their cars. We don't put (insert school district name here) on our cars but it seems like it's normal for them to do. So annoying I stopped paying attention to it like they think they are so much better than us. That is the problem they are becoming a community of people so full of themselves and their accomplishments (as if everyone in 585 Area Code and surrounding areas really care).

Old 06-21-2021, 05:23 AM

6,465 posts, read 3,160,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres4evR View Post
I've heard through the years Roseland used to be near Kershaw and not on Eastern Blvd (5&20 divided highway/service roads name). I'm not sure when that was built but it surely caused Wegmans to move to a new location (as I'm pretty sure Wegmans pre-Eastern Blvd was where Macri's is now).
I've heard of Macri's, but I'm not sure where it is. Roseland Park was located right on the lakeshore. In fact, they had a ride that resembled a ski lift, that took the riders out about 60-80 feet over the lake, in small "cars" and then looped back to the shore. There was also one hell of a roller coaster (wooden, called the Skyliner), and the other usual amusement park rides. I believe the park was in operation for something like 60 years.......

Old 07-26-2021, 02:58 AM

Not mentioned, but in the immediate area: https://www.roselandwaterpark.com/

https://www.cmacevents.com/

Old 10-14-2021, 03:10 PM

Diners can't get enough of 'Central on Main' in downtown Canandaigua: https://www.democratandchronicle.com...ny/6080380001/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
View detailed profiles of: