Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2022, 06:06 AM

6,464 posts, read 3,154,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
Here's a clue to that type of behaviour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJCDe7vdFfw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres4evR View Post
Zeldin needs to continue running on how terrible Hochul is (not everybody understands how terrible Hochul is) and why he is the best candidate to replace her, not how a drunk man with brass knuckles "assaulted" him. From the evidence it appears guy was upset and attempted to attack Zeldin, but thats it attempted to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepfordct View Post
My point was to be tougher on crime. Violent assault such as this, should not be able to be released on your own recognizance.

I agree with all of the above, especially the video clip of Maxine Waters. Why she wasn't arrested for inciting violence, over that "speech", is beyond me.....

(oh, wait.....she's a Democrat.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2022, 07:40 AM

163 posts, read 102,610 times
Oh yes I'm sure this attack was inspired by MAXINE WATERS
There's a lot of speculation that this was staged. You can bet when a middle-aged white army vet does something like this he'll be safely arrested, quickly released, and found not guilty of charges because of PTSD, alcohol, and Maxine Waters made him do it.
And Lee Zeldin is left unharmed but now armed with a tidy little story to advance his narrative.

Old 07-23-2022, 07:49 AM

224 posts, read 136,655 times
I'm reading about the bail reform issue here in NY. I completely understand the intention behind the reform - innocent people suspected of petty crimes were trapped in jail simply because they could not buy their way out. But it's my understanding that cashless bail is only supposed to apply to non-violent cases. I don't think this Zeldin incident should be considered non-violent. So the problem here is not necessarily the cashless bail, it's which crimes fall under the non-violent category.

Old 07-23-2022, 10:43 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,521,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepfordct View Post
My point was to be tougher on crime. Violent assault such as this, should not be able to be released on your own recognizance.
They may have under-charged him on purpose. I believe they charged him with attempted second degree assault, which isn't considered a violent felony. If they had properly charged him (attempted murder, for example) then he wouldn't have been released. I can guarantee if this dude did it to Hochel he'd be in the same dark hole as the January 6th folks.

Old 07-23-2022, 12:06 PM

5,708 posts, read 4,100,679 times
Here's another prominent democrat making threats against 2 Supreme Court Justices, and getting away with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYAe6-JIT6s

Old 07-23-2022, 01:25 PM

93,396 posts, read 124,052,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacsnlocks View Post
Oh yes I'm sure this attack was inspired by MAXINE WATERS
There's a lot of speculation that this was staged. You can bet when a middle-aged white army vet does something like this he'll be safely arrested, quickly released, and found not guilty of charges because of PTSD, alcohol, and Maxine Waters made him do it.
And Lee Zeldin is left unharmed but now armed with a tidy little story to advance his narrative.
Yeah…Imagine if the guy that attacked Zeldin was of another background. See how easy this could be made into something else.

Old 07-23-2022, 01:26 PM

93,396 posts, read 124,052,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart NY View Post
I'm reading about the bail reform issue here in NY. I completely understand the intention behind the reform - innocent people suspected of petty crimes were trapped in jail simply because they could not buy their way out. But it's my understanding that cashless bail is only supposed to apply to non-violent cases. I don't think this Zeldin incident should be considered non-violent. So the problem here is not necessarily the cashless bail, it's which crimes fall under the non-violent category.
Look up Kalief Browder, as that will give an idea as to why this became a thing in the first place.

Old 07-23-2022, 07:57 PM

224 posts, read 136,655 times
The Monroe County District Attorney is co-chair of the Zeldin campaign... She could easily have charged Jakubonis with a more serious crime which would have prevented his release from jail.

Now the feds have stepped in to properly charge the man and he's being held. He is charged with assaulting a member of congress using a dangerous weapon. Maximum penalty 10 years in prison.

Jakubonis says he did not know who Lee Zeldin was or that he was a political figure. I've read interviews with people close to Jakubonis and they all say his mental health rapidly declined after the death of his wife and his medical discharge from the Army, and that he has a serious drinking problem.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/david-j...ng-lee-zeldin/

Old 07-23-2022, 08:48 PM

^^^^^^^^
All this boils down to is the fact that we have a mental health issue that is not being addressed. It's not the guns, it's not the knives, or the hammers, or whatever.

Old 07-23-2022, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Yeah…Imagine if the guy that attacked Zeldin was of another background. See how easy this could be made into something else.
What are you saying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area