Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 09:08 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,757,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaT2 View Post
Take a few days out there, and see her again. What have you got to lose? And I totally agree not to say anything negative about living in a rural area. Some of us find that to be be heaven, and living in a big city to be hell. I'd stay in a local hotel, go eat at her restaurant everyday, and take some time to get to know her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Stop thinking about, fantasizing about it and do something. Yes, she may have a boyfriend. Maybe she won't be as impressed with you as you are with her. You won't know unless you pursue this. She'll like you or she won't. You have everything to gain and not much to lose. Don't put yourself in the position to always have to wonder what might have happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
>>>>>snip<<<<<

You never know be it a big town, or a small town, when you see that special person you have to take a gamble.

OP, ^^^ these, IMO. Go for it and don't look back. Don't spend the rest of your life wondering 'what if?'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2014, 10:47 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,670,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturdy Oaks View Post
Forget it, very beautiful women in small towns much over the age of 25 are NEVER single or legitimately available. Not to burst your bubble, but I doubt you have anything she needs or wants either. She's already got the most manly of men and a real looker and hard worker too.
That is so not true! The good-looking, smart and hard working women tend to have a harder time finding the right man.

Old 11-28-2014, 11:01 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,382,413 times
Quote:
Forget it, very beautiful women in small towns much over the age of 25 are NEVER single or legitimately available. Not to burst your bubble, but I doubt you have anything she needs or wants either. She's already got the most manly of men and a real looker and hard worker too.
I agree there's about a 99.9% probability. I'm gonna vote "no" on going back. This whole idea sounds more like a chick flick plot than real world.

O.P., we've all had that feeling at one time or another.

Old 11-28-2014, 05:05 PM

32,927 posts, read 36,329,197 times
Quote:
That's not always the case. I was between boyfriends, dates and spent my evenings alone listening to music, watching programs on PBS and reading when my future husband decided that I was going to spend the rest of my life with him. I was 27 years old, considered quite attractive, working, dressed well, and had no debt. OK, $2000 worth of medical expenses I was making payments on. Did I mention that I was tall, slender, had blonde hair, blue eyes and a brain?

I had pretty much given up on men. They either wanted to marry me after the second date, or tell me they were never going to marry or hang around for 30 years. I appreciated the honesty.

* He wasn't the most handsome guy I'd ever dated, but he was beautiful to me.

Gerania was landed by the smart, funny, capable guy when she was 28 years old.

Last edited by Gerania; 11-28-2014 at 05:22 PM..

Old 12-03-2014, 08:31 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,234,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by etacarinae View Post
I don't expect to be seen as a savior , and while I am attracted to her , it goes beyond looks. Perhaps some of you can relate , but it is a strange feeling I got when she greeted me. I will head back out there to eat , regardless of the outcome. Her being currently attached has come to mind , which is something I can deal with , although I will admit it will be a tad odd stopping there after the fact , however , I'd be fine with just continuing to speak and keep it moving. The first trip out there , I picked the minnows up prior to heading to the fishing spot , after a luckless 2 hours , I decided to get something to eat. From start to finish , the trip took about 5 hours , but has been reduced to 3. Maybe this anathema is the result of being single for 10 years , and telling myself that I would be content remaining so. I appreciate the replies , and got a good laugh out of Mr. Chickpea's response. Oddly enough , HHGTTG is one of my top 5 movies , and I can guarantee there was no desire to mate with the minnows. I have a psychological tic that sees me go to extreme lengths to keep them alive as long as possible , even stopping along the way to get water from lakes and streams. Anyway , I've already figured out a course of action , and will keep in mind that I have everything to gain , and nothing to lose. Thanks again.

Lastly , I have no plans to victimize anyone , Mrs. Rasa. I was merely stating facts , and have a -100 tolerance for violence , especially against women who are trying to live life like the rest of us.

Remember: They trade up not down
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living