Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 05:16 PM

58 posts, read 194,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Webster's Dictionary defines 'NATIVE" as being of or the place of one's birth...
Yep I'm sure he does... which doesn't change my statement of my opinion of a TRUE NATIVE as it relates to the topic here of leaving CA and experiencing culture shock.

Unless one can trace their family tree back to the original "californians" who were already here....their family came here from somewhere else. AND Most people have relatives still living in or near the somewhere else.

Old 07-26-2007, 05:46 PM

43 posts, read 183,196 times
If anyone in California wants to find out what their proposed new location should be, they should visit there in the summer and see if they can handle that areas weather. We are very spoiled in California when it comes to weather(dry) and fewer insects. See for yourself.

Old 07-27-2007, 03:18 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy & Randy View Post
If anyone in California wants to find out what their proposed new location should be, they should visit there in the summer and see if they can handle that areas weather. We are very spoiled in California when it comes to weather(dry) and fewer insects. See for yourself.

They should also check out that location's City-Data forum(s).

Old 07-27-2007, 10:27 PM

483 posts, read 2,093,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADRMNDANES View Post
Everyone thinks you should belong to their church. If you don't then they will pray for you and think you're going you know where. LOL
I fail to see why this is a problem.
Perhaps I am more secure in my own (lack of) belief than you.

Old 07-27-2007, 10:42 PM

483 posts, read 2,093,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
So what makes LA such a great place to raise a family? Is it the beautiful, spacious, safe, affordable housing? The wonderful public schools? The efficient transportation system? The clean, well maintained streets? The illegal alien, drug dealer, and hooker free parks?
All that, and they have good role models like Paris Hilton (who no doubt learned a lot during her middle-school years in sunny California)

Old 07-29-2007, 12:10 AM

68 posts, read 240,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal On The Move View Post
Fellow Californians,

Just wanted to hear from those of you in my situation.

My husband and I are considering leaving magnificant California. Though we love it to death, we don't know if it's smart to stay. We live in Sac, which I consider to be California's greatest deal (financially speaking). We want to buy a home but we haven't seen anything we could be happy with for less then $300G's.

We've been thinking about moving to San Anotonio because you can get a great house for much less then $300G's. We've also heard it's a great place to raise the family we want to start.

But, I'm so in love with California!! Has anyone had this debate with themselves, and if so what did you decide? Move and have more financial security, a great home, a nice car without the yearly super high registration cost? Or, stay and do well, live in a smaller home, enjoy Cali's beauty?

I think we are leaning more towards moving. Especially since we have no family here. But it hurts!

Conflicted people please share!

Thanks

so funny you post this. we are moving out of here. away from polution, asthma for my 9 months old, traffic, commuting and high real estate prices.

as a realtor you'd think i wouldnt mind the higher commisions but not if it means the higher way of living.

we are going to Kalispell mt.

bye!

Old 07-29-2007, 08:39 AM

20 posts, read 89,973 times
My husband and I will be moving as soon as my middle son is done with high shcool. It can't come one second soon enough for me. We have been in CA for 12 years now and I live for the day the for sale sign goes up in my yard.

We are heading for Gig Harbor Wa. Low population, rual living, clean air, low cost housing (more bang for your buck). I can't wait!! I hate it here and have never felt like this was home. Only a stop over to somewhere else. We can't afford to retire here so what is the point in staying any longer?

My daugher moved back to Tennessee as soon as she was done with high school because she could not afford to move out on her own without getting 5 roommates. My son will do the same when he is done.

Gig Harbor is the perfect place for us and no sales tax should be fun.

Old 07-29-2007, 06:11 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,666,290 times
Default Gig Harbor... Sales Tax?

I was just in Gig Harbor WA and I found the sales tax on par with California???

Old 07-29-2007, 07:10 PM

20 posts, read 89,973 times
my bad. I meant state income tax.

Old 07-29-2007, 08:28 PM

110 posts, read 665,088 times
You could move to Chicago and pay $11500 a year for property taxes.Houses here are $500000,$600000,$700000 and up too.

Aside from housing prices per sq. ft. in Cali,its not any more exspensive than here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento