Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 09:00 PM

2,003 posts, read 2,881,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Albuquerque is just a big industrial city. There are about four scenic blocks. Santa Fe is the place if you want to be in NM.
That is such a ridiculous statement it can't be left unchallenged. Albuquerque is gorgeous - there are mountains everywhere, stunning scenery, with vibrant culture (the epicenter of the famous question "red or green?") and history.

Santa Fe is way too small to even be compared to Sacramento.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2016, 11:12 AM

77 posts, read 103,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah62 View Post
That is such a ridiculous statement it can't be left unchallenged. Albuquerque is gorgeous - there are mountains everywhere, stunning scenery, with vibrant culture (the epicenter of the famous question "red or green?") and history.

Santa Fe is way too small to even be compared to Sacramento.
Although beautiful, I found the mountains in NM not as pastel pretty as AZ, but the culture is reputed to be far more tolerant and educated, which is a huge benefit to any city and state. Santa Fe, according to some folks I met (who moved there and abruptly turned around and moved back), is too small, too remote, colder with more snow than anticipated, and clearly wasn't their cup of tea. My reaction was "really?" because we hear so much about Santa Fe, and taught that it has its own unique SW aesthetic, that it makes you want to live there, (even though I have never been there). Probably, it's very unfair to Albuquerque, but they should" toot their own horn", as well because we hear very little about it. But, I would like to visit NM for an extended period, if the opportunity comes around. So....what is the right answer to "red or green"? Or, rather, what IS the question?

Last edited by alikelysuspect; 09-24-2016 at 11:22 AM..

Old 09-24-2016, 11:15 PM

266 posts, read 334,484 times
Stockton/lodi has better weather than Sacramento, but no one will reccomend it here.
Fresno is slightly hotter than sac(it was 75 degrees in fresno a few days ago and no one made a big deal about it on here ;/ l

Coastal Australia is great

Ashville nc has good weather for the south

Central mexico and baja ca have awesome weather. Shame bout the poverty issues

Old 09-25-2016, 11:15 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nn2036 View Post
Northern Nevada, but winter will be colder.
I don't consider Northern Nevada whether to be close to California weather. There is a very short spring and fall in Nevada, and OMG does it get cold in the winter. Summer is quite nice but unfortunately that is when the area is plagued with wind. We to Sacramento two years ago and I have a closet full of boots and heavy jackets that I have not worn once since we moved out of Reno.

Old 09-26-2016, 11:38 AM

2,653 posts, read 3,048,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I don't consider Northern Nevada whether to be close to California weather. There is a very short spring and fall in Nevada, and OMG does it get cold in the winter. Summer is quite nice but unfortunately that is when the area is plagued with wind. We to Sacramento two years ago and I have a closet full of boots and heavy jackets that I have not worn once since we moved out of Reno.
I agree, sleepy. Nevada climate as a whole, and northern NV in particular, is not for the faint of heart. Very short summers, cold winters and very little precip. Sure is pretty in its own way, tho.

Old 09-26-2016, 05:22 PM

77 posts, read 103,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flovis View Post
Stockton/lodi has better weather than Sacramento, but no one will reccomend it here.

Ashville nc has good weather for the south

Central mexico and baja ca have awesome weather. Shame bout the poverty issues
Well, you know, Ashville is in the mountains...and it is small. I would rather be anywhere else. Sorry, it's still the south. Just the south on drugs.

Mexico is a real possiblity. Goin' to check it out, soon. I will give you some feedback. Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento