Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 11:37 AM

105 posts, read 484,374 times

Advertisements

Good discussion guys. I appreciate all the feedback!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 11:37 PM

812 posts, read 4,082,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeevcy View Post
what about something like the rancho santa fe mansion in socal infamous because of the heavens gate mass suicide?

They had such a hard time getting rid of that place... If I'm not mistaken, someone eventually bought it years later after no one else would and demolished the house and rebult.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:21 PM

179 posts, read 768,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter View Post
The last owner of my house died here (elderly woman). I don't care, she lived here for 40-50 years...I figure if she loved the place enough to live here that long then she can keep looking out for it
I wonder where the people that wouldn't buy a house that someone had died in figure they will die? Most elderly folks I know want to die at home.
I agree.

The home we currently live in was bought in 1968 by a family and the house was new when they bought it. They were the only family to ever live in it. In 2003 the father died peacefully in his sleep in the very bedroom we sleep in and I have absolutely no problem with that. Like Alter said, he loved this home enough to be here for 35 years and every now and then when I hear a strange noise I just say, "Hi Mr. S".

Like my partner said, "People have to die somewhere".

Old 05-03-2008, 07:58 PM

142 posts, read 471,256 times
Lots of people have issue with ghosts, supernatural etc. And I'm guessing on this but some people might feel like they are basically inheriting a ghost with someone dying in the home.
I'd buy it, hell, I'd have the ghost do the housework if I could!

Old 10-21-2010, 09:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,780 times
After looking for houses for about 30 days I found what I thought was the perfect house. Had all the inspections done and after just 2 days to walk out from the contract I discovered that the owner had died of cancer in the house. The house I grew up was hunted (I am not kidding) and I have terrible memories about it. So, I didn't think twice...I contacted my realtor and canceled the contract.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:25 AM

3,720 posts, read 9,996,913 times
There are some religions and cultures that will absolutely not buy a house where someone died in it. You have to disclose many things when selling a house, this is just one of them. I personally would not care.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:35 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,469,913 times
Wouldn't bother me except, perhaps, in an extreme case such as Dorothy Puente's house on F Street. Mul;tiple odies buried in a relatively small back yard is a bit much. I've lived in houses with "visitors" before, including our last one, a turn of the century Craftsman in downtown Sacramento. We had several as well as a white cat that would appear periodically and fade from view when noticed and spoken to. The "human" visitors just ignored us but for a couple of children who left "clues" in the basement.

Old 10-22-2010, 03:57 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,936,349 times
I would, and I did.

Old 10-22-2010, 04:18 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,352,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
Yes, oddly enough it is. Go figure. Of course you can probably get HIV off the toilet seats anyway
No, that is a myth. The virus doesn't really survive outside the body.

Old 10-23-2010, 03:45 PM

815 posts, read 2,698,736 times
[quote=Curmudgeon;16359823]Wouldn't bother me except, perhaps, in an extreme case such as Dorothy Puente's house on F Street.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Her house has been on the market forever. Recently, I noticed the "for sale" sign had been taken down. I figured they finally sold it or the property owner gave up for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento