Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2022, 01:12 PM

4,030 posts, read 3,308,084 times

Advertisements

Anyone know anything about how is running for DA or sheriff? Do we know what they are talking about doing with respect to the fentanyl/meth/homeless system?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2022, 02:21 PM

1,231 posts, read 1,664,323 times
Jim Barnes, the current Undersheriff is running against Assemblyman Jim Cooper for Sac County Sheriff. In the DA’s race, Thien Ho is running to replace Anne Marie Schubert who is running for State Attorney General.

Old 04-23-2022, 04:46 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,285,320 times
Alana Mathews is also running for Sacramento County DA: https://www.alanaforda.com/
Quote:
We need targeted solutions that prioritize the safety and stability of those experiencing homelessness. This includes working with the courts to get treatment for those with substance abuse issues and mental illness, and working with the community to help homeless abuse victims, youth, veterans, elderly and disabled-instead of cycling them through jail.

Old 04-24-2022, 10:05 AM

1,231 posts, read 1,664,323 times
Here's Thien Ho's platform regarding homelessness, mental health and drug addiction:

Quote:
Expand the Mental Health Treatment Court, where judges can collaborate with health professionals and all the parties to oversee a comprehensive treatment and rehabilitation plan.

Build addiction and mental health facilities that can serve as secure treatment sanctuaries, not jails or prisons.

Expand programs that divert homeless defendants away from incarceration into mental health and drug treatment programs.

Expand state-funded treatment programs for seriously addicted drug users, including residential treatment.

Make it easier to allow family members and health professionals to provide care and treatment for the seriously mentally ill and addicted.
https://www.thienhoforda.com/priorities

Old 04-24-2022, 12:27 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,457,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacreole View Post
Here's Thien Ho's platform regarding homelessness, mental health and drug addiction:
https://www.thienhoforda.com/priorities
That sounds good, but seriously expensive. I wonder if there's any areas that have something like that already in place and can say what their success rate is. California has gone so long with sub-par mental health treatment that we're setting the bar really high with this.

I wonder are there any plans to push the insurance companies to step up? I know Kaiser has a huge contract to provide medical to people on Medi-Cal and have heard that their mental health service is horrible.

Old 05-08-2022, 06:57 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,457,153 times
Is the election still going forward? It's now less than a month until voting day and I haven't seen or heard one single campaign ad from anyone--generally we're deluged with them.

I'm assuming the governor will have an automatic win--and wonder why he needed to collect nearly $13 million in donations to fight against opponents who don't seem to be there.

Old 05-14-2022, 02:19 PM

4,030 posts, read 3,308,084 times
The election is going forward. I have started getting political mailers, I have also seen people put signs up backing various candidates.

Old 05-15-2022, 04:18 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
I think either Thien Ho or Alana Matthews will do a good job as DA, I was disappointed that neither of them advocate for something similar to the Restorative Justice Partnership in place in Yolo County (conceived by and managed by a very conservative DA, Jeff Reisig) But I think both would be open to something similar which seems to be working well in Yolo County.

For Sheriff, I will vote for Cooper (grudgingly) and that's only because I can't bring myself to vote for Barnes who has done nothing other than pat Jones on the back for a job well done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
View detailed profiles of: