Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Salem
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 09:06 AM

218 posts, read 376,878 times

Advertisements

As you may be aware my family and I are moving to the Meadows are of Keizer the 19th of June ( around the corner yikes) and I want to make sure I know the " Rules". I know for example in Portland they pick up trash every other week ...is there rules just like that in my area or county? I have tried researching my own on Google and other sites but no luck. Any " heads up" information would be appreciated. I have been so far warned about grass clippings but I was told I can't dispose of those...is that true?

P.s I appreciate all of you who have kept me in good spirits about this move, and I am extremely excited to move next week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 10:15 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,442,036 times
Don't hit your husband in your sleep: Sleep disorder blamed for man hitting wife | Keizertimes

Don't make hash oil out of your Medical Marijuana: Judge: Cops didn

Old 06-08-2012, 10:19 AM

HHAHAH okay now that made me laugh about not hitting..I smack him when he snores to loud hahaha. I will watch my self from now on.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:47 AM

15,578 posts, read 40,440,822 times
Trash pick up is every week. You will get a blue bin for all of your recycling items, a red bin for glass, motor oil, batteries, etc. You will have a regular trash can, and brown trash can which is for yard recycling like grass clippings. These are all included in your trash service. You can put any organic material in the yard debris bin so egg shells, brocoli stems, etc. Just clean your plastic before you put it in the recycling bin. Here is the Marion county recycling information.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:33 PM

899 posts, read 2,943,145 times
This might give all of you a chuckle but on my first visit to our new dentist on river rd I commented on the traffic and the dental assistant told me that Keizer cops are sticklers on complete stops and speeding......I use Keizer a lot as its close to our house and boy do I watch my speed ect..
Good luck with your move.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamh View Post
This might give all of you a chuckle but on my first visit to our new dentist on river rd I commented on the traffic and the dental assistant told me that Keizer cops are sticklers on complete stops and speeding......I use Keizer a lot as its close to our house and boy do I watch my speed ect..
Good luck with your move.
Not just Keizer BTW. There has been crack down on this all across the State.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:14 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,338,787 times
Yes, and a stop must be a full stop. Bikes, both feet on the ground, and bicycles in Oregon must obey all traffic rules.

Old 06-10-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
Yes, and a stop must be a full stop. Bikes, both feet on the ground, and bicycles in Oregon must obey all traffic rules.
But keep in mind that if it is unsafe to ride as close to the edge of the road (debris, parked cars, damaged roads, moss covered sides, lack of passing room for cars, etc) as possible, bikes are allowed to take up the entire lane. Most other states do not allow this, and it causes some amount of contention between motorists and cars.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:54 PM

Funny I have heard about the Keizer cops being sticklers before this discussion happend from a local friend and I instantly knew what to watch out for. I am not a bad driver at all and don't do the " California Stop" at stop signs which irritates me when people do that. I try to obey the law as much as possible. We are both studying for the DMV test to get our license so we are getting familiar with the laws that are local and state wide.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:29 AM

8,000 posts, read 17,338,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
... ... Bikes are allowed to take up the entire lane. ... ...
But only if you are maintaining the average speed of all vehicles, and only if a bike lane is not available.

Also remember "Original" Copy of Birth Certificate and a few other documents. Also a utillity bill and rent recipt. Passport (Current) works also. Otherwise no license.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Salem