Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2011, 01:51 PM

17 posts, read 54,622 times

Advertisements

I've tried looking everywhere, on Craigslist and KSL, and no luck whatsoever. Are all these postings just fake?

Every single posting is an agency with postings in big capital letters like "AMAZING APARTMENT REMODELED FOR GOD" or "CLOSE TO EVERYTHING AND YOUR MOTHER" "MOVE IN FOR ONLY $100 AND GET A MONTH FREE AND COOKIES." I'm exaggerating obviously but the point is I can't find any by-owner apartments and when I do find one that I think was posted by a real person there's no number to call and they don't respond to emails.

Also, I'm having trouble getting anyone to rent to me since I'm coming from out of state. I'm thinking of offering to meet landlords over Skype. I'm actually kinda freaking out a little since I'm planning on being in town by the 1st, and it's now the 26th, I've been trying to land a place all month. All I need is a 1bedroom/studio incl. utilities $700 or under. Any advice on tactics?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 02:07 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,877,205 times
KSL is the usual choice here. For complexes, the Irving Schoolhouse complex is good (don't know prices) plus several along Foothill Dr.

Old 09-26-2011, 03:17 PM

14 posts, read 33,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
KSL is the usual choice here.
KSL really is close to the only choice if you want local listings by locals. My friend was on the hunt for an apartment not too long ago but for <$550 which took a little longer...thats weird that the $700 range has proven so difficult

Old 09-26-2011, 04:16 PM

313 posts, read 779,319 times
Look by zip code and price. I found that to be the easiest way.

Old 09-26-2011, 04:18 PM

313 posts, read 779,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
KSL is the usual choice here. For complexes, the Irving Schoolhouse complex is good (don't know prices) plus several along Foothill Dr.
That place is over 1000 with nothing included.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:04 PM

258 posts, read 648,645 times
We found a place on craigslist - apartment in a home that is owner occupied. We found three similar places that DH looked at. Are you looking for a big complex or a smaller place or a rental in a home or ??? I inquired about a lot of places through craigslist and nearly every one replied and answered all my questions. I had much better luck with craigslist than KSL. I had more people never respond through KSL so I kind of quit looking there. I searched from out of state but DH was out there and went and looked and secured the place in person.

What tactics are you currently using when you contact these people? What are you saying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area