Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2013, 12:04 AM

7 posts, read 18,691 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My husband and I are looking to move to Utah and are considering these areas. We have also looked at Sugarhouse/Avenues/Park City but haven't found a neighborhood or area we like, thus far.

We have 2 children under the age of 4. We are moving from a suburb of Portland, Oregon but consider ourselves moderates. Looking for single family home, preferably new construction, in the 200-400K range. We would like to be a little bit out of the city, perhaps close to mountains or lake(s)...not necessarily rural, but not in the heart of SLC. My husband will be working in SLC and we would like to send our 3 year old to preschool at a Catholic preschool when she turns four.

Can you give me your opinion on the pros and cons of the abovementioned areas? Regardless of your viewpoint, I am appreciative for it, and will respect it, even if I disagree.

If we could please avoid getting into a religious back and forth that would be great. We are openminded people and are very neighborly. We live by the golden rule regardless of what other people choose to do. I might be naive but I have met a lot of wonderful people and a lot of not so wonderful people and their religion had little to do things. I have done my research on areas that won't likely be the best for my family, and I am mostly interested about the parks, recreation centers, activities for children/families, quality of living. If there is key information regarding the area that would be beneficial, please share.

Any other information on possible cities to live in would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 07:34 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,757,641 times
The Sandy/Draper route sounds most plausible to me. Juan Diego Catholic Schools is highly regarded along with a number of the schools that way. Tons of nearby shopping and access to the canyons and pretty much all you'll ever need. Personally I'm not a Davis Co. guy so Layton wouldn't be on my radar. As for Stansbury it won't fit into your school scheme of things. It's completely around the lake from Salt Lake City and it's a wonderful commute when the weather is bad. It can be argued back and forth but with what you've specified I can't see anything BUT the Sandy/Draper as a option.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:36 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,972,076 times
Actually, Dcisive, Stansbury will fit quite nicely as Tooele has a Catholic School that begins with a preschool program up through 8th grade. The commute into Salt Lake from Stansbury isn't so bad, even when the weather is bad, I-80 is usually plowed pretty well.

You can get a very nice new construction in Stansbury for that price range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area