Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2008, 02:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,381 times

Advertisements

Hi-

I am moving to SLC (from a college town in the midwest) this fall to be closer to family and have some questions about apartment rentals.

I'm 29 and single. Most people are telling me to move downtown or in the Avenues neighborhoods. Any other suggestions? I'm looking for a one or two bedroom. How much can I expect to spend each month?

What kind of ammenities can I expect? I am moving from a wonderful college town in the midwest. Here you would be hard pressed to find an apartment that didn't include central air. I am a winter girl and can't even begin to imagine a home without airconditioning! Other requirements would be a dishwasher and hopefully W/D hookups. How easy will this place be to find?

Also, my current town is pretty friendly. I know all my neighbors and am friends with a lot of them. What are the chances of this happening in SLC?

Any apartment buildings you could recommend? Any other info you could share for a newbie would be very appreciated!

P.S. How hard is it to date if you aren't a Mormon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 05:31 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,597,080 times
I think finding an apartment with central air and a dishwasher won't be that difficult. I think the washer and dryer hookups might be more of a challenge.

Where does your family live that you wanted to move closer to? Could they help you in your search?

I haven't lived in apartments for over 10 years. I didnt' know too many of my neighbors but I did make some really good friends and my last one. It helps that I am outgoing and quite talkative.

As far as dating, this is where I think you'll have the biggest challenge. I think back to being 29 in the Salt Lake valley and there weren't very many places to meet single men.....especially non Mormons. My choices seemed to be bars, work or church. Well, I didn't go to church; most men in bars I frequented were not relationship material and I didn't find many single men at my job. I have (and had) an office job so unless they walked into my office, or I could pass them in a hallway, there wasn't much of a chance of meeting anyone. Perhaps you might have a hobby or play a sport that would enable you to meet men.

Will you be working, going to school, what? Perhaps you could base your housing choices on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area