Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2008, 03:07 PM

3 posts, read 35,415 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]We recently moved to West Valley and have been having a lot of trouble finding swim lessons for our boys. I have spent hours searching the internet and calling all of the rec centers, public schools, gyms, etc. within ½ an hour of West Valley, and have not been able to come up with anything that meets our needs, so I am hoping that someone can help us. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]We have 3- and 4- year old boys, and we want them to be able to take swim lessons year round (so they would need to be at an indoor pool). We would also like to have our younger son start taking lessons sometime this year too. We need to find affordable lessons (we cannot afford to pay for private lessons for each of our children). So it would need to be a group lesson. But the biggest thing that we are looking for in swim lessons is the schedule. I really want to find lessons that are once a week (on a weekday). Once our boys start preschool in the fall I really do not want to overschedule them by signing them up for swim lessons 3 or 4 times a week. [/SIZE]
Before we moved here, we took the boys to the local YMCA for their lessons on Wednesday evenings, and the sessions ran for 2 or 3 months at a time. I would love to find someone in this area who would be willing to teach lessons once a week (and I would prefer not doing it on the weekends). Does anyone know of a place we can call that might offer these options? We are considering dropping swim lessons altogether if we can’t find anyone who will teach lessons less than 3 times a week once school starts in the fall, even though I really don’t want to take my boys out of swimming altogether because they love it so much, it is good exercise, and an important safety skill. Any suggestions would be helpful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 03:20 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,971,220 times
It looks like the West Valley Fitness Center holds swim lessons only several times a week.

Here is the link for the fitness center itself.
West Valley City, UT - Official Site - Family Fitness Center

According to the online registrations, they hold swim lessons only two or three times a week at different times, depending on your children's levels

Online Registration (broken link)

Welcome to Utah!

Old 08-04-2008, 04:47 PM

1,821 posts, read 7,730,298 times
My wife just signed up both of our kids, ages 4 and 6, for swimming lessons at the West Valley fitness center. They are twice a week, not just once per week.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:35 PM

546 posts, read 2,203,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephbradshaw View Post
[SIZE=3]We recently moved to West Valley and have been having a lot of trouble finding swim lessons for our boys. I have spent hours searching the internet and calling all of the rec centers, public schools, gyms, etc. within ½ an hour of West Valley, and have not been able to come up with anything that meets our needs, so I am hoping that someone can help us. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]We have 3- and 4- year old boys, and we want them to be able to take swim lessons year round (so they would need to be at an indoor pool). We would also like to have our younger son start taking lessons sometime this year too. We need to find affordable lessons (we cannot afford to pay for private lessons for each of our children). So it would need to be a group lesson. But the biggest thing that we are looking for in swim lessons is the schedule. I really want to find lessons that are once a week (on a weekday). Once our boys start preschool in the fall I really do not want to overschedule them by signing them up for swim lessons 3 or 4 times a week. [/SIZE]
Before we moved here, we took the boys to the local YMCA for their lessons on Wednesday evenings, and the sessions ran for 2 or 3 months at a time. I would love to find someone in this area who would be willing to teach lessons once a week (and I would prefer not doing it on the weekends). Does anyone know of a place we can call that might offer these options? We are considering dropping swim lessons altogether if we can’t find anyone who will teach lessons less than 3 times a week once school starts in the fall, even though I really don’t want to take my boys out of swimming altogether because they love it so much, it is good exercise, and an important safety skill. Any suggestions would be helpful!
sorry, kind of off the topic, but how is it living in West Valley? schools, community and homes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area