Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 11:45 AM

1 posts, read 23,341 times

Advertisements

My fiance and I want to have a small wedding ceromony and recpetion in April 2011. We also are planning our honeymoon getaway but are on a tight budget. Does anyone know of a good place to have the wedding and reception that is not expencive? If so do you know the price range, food cost, and max occupentcy. Thanks. ----- Future Mrs.Rodriguez
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 04:39 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,889,611 times
I think if you put the budget out there and look, you will have better luck. Most places will not have a package deal unless it's a hotel. Check with the hotels and see if there is a package that fits your dollar amount. Get a dollar amount you can pay and look for who can do it at that price. I have no suggestions, but get the dollar amount first.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:45 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,588,373 times
Whats funny is we were just having this conversation last week. Weddings lately are like 40,000! Outrageous,not to mention that is money we do not have. Think outside the box? Go to the coast with family and friends, who has a pretty yard? Do you have friends with talent? Ask them to help? Flowers what about some roses wholesale? Food? Can you do it yourself? Do you have family that can cook? Have you seen the cakes at Sams?

Do some creative thinking with the idea that its going to be about vows, husband and wife, friends and family. And skip the high prices!

Good Luck to you!

Old 06-22-2010, 08:31 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,838,269 times
My wife and I married 12 years ago. Our total budget was $2,000 - it was what we could afford out of pocket at the time. That included the "reception hall" - our house, and the meal - cooked by myself and friends. 100+ folks showed up, we had a ball - and there were no bills to be paid later.

We watch the wedding programs sometimes, and are simply amazed at how the bride and groom have no concept of the costs being incurred - usually because it's being paid by others. We've often remarked that the money wasted on fancy flowers, food and cake could be better utilized as a down payment on a house...

Old 06-23-2010, 10:51 PM

93 posts, read 358,500 times
There are a number of places in and around San Antonio that offer wedding packages. A great website to start with is San Antonio Wedding Guide or San Antonio Wedding Guide : - - Details

Here are some that I found:

Scenic Springs San Antonio Helotes Wedding Venue Event Location Corporate Events (http://www.scenicsprings.com/weddings.htm - broken link)

River Views at The Inn on the Riverwalk; San Antonio Bed and Breakfast | innontheriverwalksa

Hill Country Weddings & Special Events :: Lost Mission

Congrats and good luck!

Old 06-28-2010, 02:25 AM

791 posts, read 3,960,605 times
I am really proud that we had an amazingly gorgeous and unique wedding on a total budget of less than $500 including dress, catering, venue, etc. You can see pics here: Wedding Pics | Facebook. We'll be doing a second stateside wedding for family and friends later this year (about 100 ppl) and plan to keep the budget for that under $2500. There are several gem public locations in SA that charge only $100 for venue fees and you can arrange your own catering/entertainment. Stay focused on the marriage, not the wedding, and you'll find that the budget sorts itself out.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:15 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,123,776 times
Spent about $1K for our wedding and just like CelesteDF says to focus on the marriage. We feel we are less burdened with wedding bills or other debts and can focus on saving our money on other areas.
We just bought a home after being married 4 years. PS. Wait a few years of being married to buy a house, the process is very stressful and adding to the stress of being a newlywed will only pile on. Plus you get to figure out as a couple what you want in a house instead of rushing into it, then in a few years feeling the house does not meet your needs any longer.
Congrats!

Old 07-17-2010, 02:59 PM

1 posts, read 23,081 times
Default I've been searching for the same thing!

I read someone elses reply that they know of places who rent for about $100. I haven't found any places that inexpensive, but would love to!

I did find Craig's Place Inn. They have packages for very small wedding to up to 25 people. They include everything! And I know they are rather inexpensive for all that they take care of. Check them out, for sure. Please let me know if you hear of anything else!

Old 08-23-2010, 05:32 PM

4 posts, read 46,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danjess09 View Post
My fiance and I want to have a small wedding ceromony and recpetion in April 2011. We also are planning our honeymoon getaway but are on a tight budget. Does anyone know of a good place to have the wedding and reception that is not expencive? If so do you know the price range, food cost, and max occupentcy. Thanks. ----- Future Mrs.Rodriguez
Try Pat O'Brien's!!! I'm getting married in Jan. 2011, and we're having our reception there. They have 2 different (amazing) spaces for parties/receptions, and they are pretty affordable!!

Old 08-24-2010, 02:49 PM

338 posts, read 1,230,821 times
Also if you are on a tight budget, try www.moonliteimages.com for your photography. They work very well with budgets, and customized our package just the way we wanted, and fit our budget. they were very helpful. We also got married at a place called Pueblo Hall. Its near Ingram Mall. The manager there is also very helpful, and has a variety of menu options if you want them to cater, some plates as low as $3.50 a piece. Just some suggestions. Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio