Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2010, 11:45 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,361 times

Advertisements

Kill a fellow....my life flashed before my eyes today! I was riding my bike when a coral snake sunbathing on the edge of a driveway leaped and hit the back tire. I was with Baby X who was sitting in front of me and I was so busy paying attention to what the baby was doing that I didnt realize it was a snake I rode pass until it hit the tire. I noticed the colors and trust me as soon as I got home I called animal control, hubby x and a string of family members and now I am telling you lot.

I am starting to wonder should I start carrying around a machete or gun ala Lara Croft for instances like these?

Oh and by the way after not having encountered a scorpion for over a year...we got our first one a week ago! Kitty X must have had a battle with it because the scorpion managed to get itself stuck on a glue trap for pests backwards. It died a horrible death...

Living in Hill Country Texas is making me wonder why I left NY...I think I rather battle subway rats and roaches sometimes

Last edited by CD's Only Mrs. X; 08-04-2010 at 11:48 AM.. Reason: Additional Info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 12:06 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,405,752 times
aaah! That freaked me out a bit I have to say...but I am glad you are okay and you were on your bike and not on foot--yikes!

Old 08-04-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
aaah! That freaked me out a bit I have to say...but I am glad you are okay and you were on your bike and not on foot--yikes!
Yes so glad I decided not to walk and ride my bike! Seriously I came home feeling a bit sick after that! I called Animal Control and I hope they found it because it was on someones driveway and who knows if they have kids or even if they don't God forbid they get out of the car and boom thats it!

Old 08-04-2010, 03:43 PM

1,220 posts, read 2,681,851 times
Welcome to Texas. Where the scenery attacks you!

Old 08-04-2010, 03:55 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,487,743 times
You don't have to live in the hill country to come across these critters...

Our old house was off Bandera/Eckert area... Our house backed up to Leon Creek...

We found 2 coral snakes in our backyard once... They were mating up against our landscaping stones and hubs didn't see them and he sliced them with the weedeater... What a way to go...

We also had alot of scorpions in the old house and our cat used to bat at them and claw them until she killed them...

Like Buffyfan said, Welcome to Texas...

Old 08-04-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffyfan View Post
Welcome to Texas. Where the scenery attacks you!

Very true!!!!!!!!

Old 08-04-2010, 06:55 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,282,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
We found 2 coral snakes in our backyard once... They were mating up against our landscaping stones and hubs didn't see them and he sliced them with the weedeater... What a way to go...
I don't know if that the best or the worst way to die

Old 08-04-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I don't know if that the best or the worst way to die
I can only imagine the last thoughts going through those two snake's heads....

"Hey babe nice stripes...come around these parts often."

"No usually I am down by the creek...like the way you hisssss"

"Well you don't say, wanna sssshag?"

Then the bam chick wa wa music comes on....

VRRROOOOOOOOOOOMMM.....

Texas Weed Eater Massacre ......

Old 08-04-2010, 07:37 PM

434 posts, read 1,123,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Kill a fellow....my life flashed before my eyes today! I was riding my bike when a coral snake sunbathing on the edge of a driveway leaped and hit the back tire. I was with Baby X who was sitting in front of me and I was so busy paying attention to what the baby was doing that I didnt realize it was a snake I rode pass until it hit the tire. I noticed the colors and trust me as soon as I got home I called animal control, hubby x and a string of family members and now I am telling you lot.

I am starting to wonder should I start carrying around a machete or gun ala Lara Croft for instances like these?

Oh and by the way after not having encountered a scorpion for over a year...we got our first one a week ago! Kitty X must have had a battle with it because the scorpion managed to get itself stuck on a glue trap for pests backwards. It died a horrible death...

Living in Hill Country Texas is making me wonder why I left NY...I think I rather battle subway rats and roaches sometimes
After reading your experience and watching the video of the poisonous centipedes that can grow to a foot long, I'm with ya on the NY thoughts too! Except for the fact that I'm loving San Antonio, so I think I will stay and keep a watchful eye.

Glad you and Baby X are ok.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:50 PM

THnks Crittergal! Well the animal control guy called and said they didn't find the snake...I just hope and pray it didn't slither off into the owner of the driveways garage and what not! I would hate to be the person who comes home to find that in my garage. :0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio