Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 03:31 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,985,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
Why not legalise it in Texas as a whole? I imagine actually that you'd have to do that; it's unlikely to be controlled simply by city/county ordinance. You've already got plenty of legal prostitutes there, like Rick Perry...
Wow, I'm impressed that someone that is in Greenville, Delaware has such a strong opinion of our governor!

I've been to Dover numerous times, but I'll be danged if I could answer if anyone asked me who the governor of Delaware is, much less if he/she is a prostitute or not!

As for the legalization of marijuana, I would never say never on that one. About the only thing holding it back is the liquor industry, and we can that our "American royalty" (the Kennedy's) for that!

Old 08-27-2010, 03:35 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,712,823 times
Default "Moderation is the Key all-around......."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Understood, and agreed. Then again, many of those of opposing views espouse things such as sex with minors, legalization of ALL drugs, etc. The moral fiber is something that separates us from animals - because we recognize the need and value for constraint. Otherwise, you would be promoting an anarchy - and that is a direction you do NOT want to go in.

Because ultimately.....what separates "right" from "wrong"? A perceived moral code.

Say what you will, but things such as "womens lib" served to do more to degrade the role of women in society. Not the premise that equal work deserves equal pay - but that women should be brought DOWN to the level of men. Yes, I said down - because I was raised (and raised my children) that a woman holds a special, sacred place in our society - yes, to be placed on a pedestal and revered. I know that's old fashioned, sexist, etc. - but so be it. I treat a woman as a lady until she proves herself otherwise - but some of 'em prove themselves otherwise pretty quickly!
But I do agree with you in other ways; the anarchy course {both socially AND within oneself} to avoid, paramountly.......

Old 08-27-2010, 03:39 PM

Default "sold!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
You've already got plenty of legal prostitutes there, like Rick Perry...
Ha!

Old 08-27-2010, 04:56 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Wow, I'm impressed that someone that is in Greenville, Delaware has such a strong opinion of our governor!
Funny, because I think the exact same thing about people that have strong opinion of presidents of other countries, even though they don't know the name of the mayor of their own city.

Old 08-27-2010, 05:05 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
By the way, for those of you who think that all plant material should be legal to use.... don't forget heroin is plant material also.
It's ridiculous to make illegal to have a plant in your backyard (anybody can throw seeds there)

I don't know anything about heroin, but I was surprised when I learned that coca leaves (an ingredient of cocaine) is used by Native Americans in South America for many many things.

BBC NEWS | Americas | Peru's president recommends coca

Old 08-27-2010, 09:50 PM

5,580 posts, read 6,504,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alane7 View Post
I imagine as the old guard gets phased out (e.g. baby boomers) laws such as the one up for discussion will be phased out too. We will progress as a country eventually...
Oh, your generation is already "progressing" this country. Glad I won't be around to live it. That's one good thing about being "old guard". You young "progressives" have no idea what you are creating.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:04 PM

5,580 posts, read 6,504,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post

I've been to Dover numerous times, but I'll be danged if I could answer if anyone asked me who the governor of Delaware is, much less if he/she is a prostitute or not!

As for the legalization of marijuana, I would never say never on that one. About the only thing holding it back is the liquor industry, and we can that our "American royalty" (the Kennedy's) for that!

I found it interesting that someone from Delaware would be bold enough to make a crack about our governor. Like Delaware opinions matter in Texas' business. GTH in Delaware. And take the last of the "American royalty" with you.

Old 08-27-2010, 11:23 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,724,397 times
I think the issue here is way over complicated.

Married people go to prostitutes out of convenience. Exchange money, have sex. There is nothing stopping them from hitting up a club and finding a free onenighter. Clubs/bars are full of easy lays. Prostitutes are convenient.

The morality thing is really of no bearing too for the same reason. Guy (single or married) goes to a bar/club picks up a girl has sex never sees her again. Happens all the time and is 100% legal. Same guy doesnt want to deal with the hassle but wants the same experience. Exchanges money for the same experience and goes to jail. Do we see the flaw there?

Legalize it, tax it, and control it. Everyone wins and the city gains added revenue.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:09 AM

6,706 posts, read 8,775,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
I think the issue here is way over complicated.

Married people go to prostitutes out of convenience. Exchange money, have sex. There is nothing stopping them from hitting up a club and finding a free onenighter. Clubs/bars are full of easy lays. Prostitutes are convenient.

The morality thing is really of no bearing too for the same reason. Guy (single or married) goes to a bar/club picks up a girl has sex never sees her again. Happens all the time and is 100% legal. Same guy doesnt want to deal with the hassle but wants the same experience. Exchanges money for the same experience and goes to jail. Do we see the flaw there?

Legalize it, tax it, and control it. Everyone wins and the city gains added revenue.
Wrong. Not everyone wins. Not everyone wants it here.

Old 08-28-2010, 03:02 AM

Default "The Eyes of the Beholders.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
Oh, your generation is already "progressing" this country. Glad I won't be around to live it. That's one good thing about being "old guard". You young "progressives" have no idea what you are creating.
Now, now, MT.....as Dr. Elton B. McNeil once said: "Yesterday, we were all younger."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio