Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 03:19 PM

431 posts, read 1,204,175 times

Advertisements

For the record, I am an iPhone owner of 2.5 years (3G and now the 4), and I have never had issues with calls dropping or bad service*, EXCEPT in certain parts of Los Angeles. A weeklong trip to San Francisco last month yielded quality service (I was expecting problems, and had none). I love my phone.

*the only time I have real problems are when I am at large events, like a college football bowl game, or music festivals such as Coachella or Austin City Limits. This is simply because the normal reception needs of these areas do not necessitate upgrades due to a once or twice a year event.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2011, 04:54 PM

81 posts, read 188,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heimerswt View Post
For the record, I am an iPhone owner of 2.5 years (3G and now the 4), and I have never had issues with calls dropping or bad service*, EXCEPT in certain parts of Los Angeles. A weeklong trip to San Francisco last month yielded quality service (I was expecting problems, and had none). I love my phone.

*the only time I have real problems are when I am at large events, like a college football bowl game, or music festivals such as Coachella or Austin City Limits. This is simply because the normal reception needs of these areas do not necessitate upgrades due to a once or twice a year event.
Consider yourself one of the lucky ones.
Consumer Reports: AT&T is the worst carrier | TechBlog | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Old 01-11-2011, 05:05 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,725,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightball View Post
I've heard great things of the EVO from sprint and was leaning towards going with them when my 2 years was up with tmobile in march, but the iphone with verizon will probably get my business if their unlimited plans match or comes close to that of sprints 69.99 unlimited. The only reason I never got an iphone with ATT is because so many friends have them and constantly complaint of dropped and missed calls.
I am with Sprint and was going to switch to AT&T for the iPhone, but instead I stayed and went with the EVO. To say I am beyond extremely happy with the EVO is a huge understatement. I love that phone.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:51 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,405,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightball View Post
I know that's right! I was with AT&T, regrettably, until 4 years ago when we switched to Verizon. Best decision we ever made.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:02 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,876,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
I am with Sprint and was going to switch to AT&T for the iPhone, but instead I stayed and went with the EVO. To say I am beyond extremely happy with the EVO is a huge understatement. I love that phone.
Anything Android is better than iPhone.

Apple anything is propriety trendy for people wanting to buy into geek. Android is geek aka open-source.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:09 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,407,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
Anything Android is better than iPhone.

Apple anything is propriety trendy for people wanting to buy into geek. Android is geek aka open-source.
I love open-source; I think Android will continue to do well but across the board, the Iphone just has more of that "gotta-have-it" factor among many. Also, Apple's seamless integration of the Ipad, Ipod, and Iphone is like nothing else out there.

IMO, now that the Iphone will be available with Verizon....we'll continue to see a very strong Iphone market for years to come.

Still, Android will do well. They have a way to go though.

Old 01-12-2011, 12:02 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,876,366 times
I am sure iPhone will do well for quite a while since mainstream users are suckers for marketing.

Old 01-12-2011, 12:19 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,475,795 times
I have to admit that I am anti-Apple. I always find something just as good or better for less. I don't care about being "trendy" when it comes to technology. I buy the best for the lowest price regardless of whether or not it's what everyone else has or wants. For others though, it's pretty cool to have more options with the iPhone.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:27 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,820,840 times
I'm somewhat anti-iPhone, but most of the machines that Apple makes are truly fantastic. I'm now working with a MacBook Pro i7 and it's, so far, the best computer I've ever owned. Easy to use. No virus issues. Blindingly fast and aesthetically pleasing.

BN

Old 01-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,108,718 times
It has been pointed out to me privately that this thread doesn't have much to do with San Antonio.

Some LOCAL info that might be helpful to iPhone owners looking at switching to Verizon from AT&T is feedback from local folks who've had both or who have years of local experience with Verizon. Maybe answer the specific questions below about how the service of the two carriers compares in the local area.

• Does one provider give you service in more parts of the area than the other?
  • Does one have more dropped calls than the other?
  • Does one have faster data or text messaging than the other?
Or if you've had Verizon for years, what kind of LOCAL experience have you had with the service on coverage, dropped calls, data and messaging?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio