Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 07:33 PM

1,339 posts, read 2,605,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Go at lunch and it's much cheaper. Dinner for the three of us ran.....um, I think it was $60'ish. I posted a review after we went but i don't know which thread it's in. Lunch is much more reasonable and you can just share your plates. But if you're only here for the weekend you may want to try some of our other more "famous" places! I just threw Ding How out there because I remembered seeing the family dinners on their menu, and it's (to me) similar to a buffet without all the germs.

Thanks, Sapphire. If there is one thing I can appreciate is saving money and a buffet without the germs. Well, I guess that is two things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 09:09 PM

61,858 posts, read 87,314,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberAzeneth View Post
That place sounds great. I like the sit down and order Chinese Restaurants better too. Do you remember the prices?
here is the menu... not the greatest picture, though...
Ding How Chinese - Northwest Side - San Antonio | Urbanspoon

Old 01-12-2011, 09:13 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,789,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
here is the menu... not the greatest picture, though...
Ding How Chinese - Northwest Side - San Antonio | Urbanspoon
Been to Ding How many times since it is close to my house. It is mediocre Chinese food.

Nothing to rave about.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:11 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,487,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
PF Changs is not exactly the same concept as Pei Wei. I am not very impressed with PF Changs. Pei Wei seems better to me even if it is cheaper. My wife totally disagrees.

Olive Garden, Red Lobster, and Longhorn Steakhouse are all owned by a single company which used to be General Mills but is not anymore and some of those are practically next door to each other.

I have been considering China King Buffet, is there going to be more than one recommendation given here?
I see, but unlike Olive Garden and Red Lobster, the dishes are pretty much the same. I'll have to checkout Pei Wei one day since it's pretty much the same food for less.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:00 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,055,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
Been to Ding How many times since it is close to my house. It is mediocre Chinese food.

Nothing to rave about.
In your opinion. Also, nowhere did I 'rave' about it. I simply mentioned it because they offer family dinners.....where you get several entrees and you can try the different dishes. And it's mediocre, yet you go there many times. I see.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:24 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,882,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meisha210 View Post
I see, but unlike Olive Garden and Red Lobster, the dishes are pretty much the same. I'll have to checkout Pei Wei one day since it's pretty much the same food for less.
I've been to both.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:07 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,789,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
In your opinion. Also, nowhere did I 'rave' about it. I simply mentioned it because they offer family dinners.....where you get several entrees and you can try the different dishes. And it's mediocre, yet you go there many times. I see.
Sapphire:

First of all, lets get one thing clear. My response was to elnina. nowhere did I respond to your suggestion of going to Ding How. My opinion of a place you suggested offends you. Tough. Get over it. I rarely ever respond to your posts (even when I agree with them) because you spend way too much time being abrasive and sarcastic. It is not even funny anymore to be honest.

If you knew the true meaning of mediocre, then perhaps you would understand my response to elnina (again, not you). I go there because it is for the mediocre (not necessary meaning bad) when I am not feeling like driving far from my house. Simply for convenience. Is that clear? I certainly hope so.

Now maybe some nice folks can show you how to use that ignore function you suggested to me in another thread if you don't like what I have to say.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:15 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,055,326 times
Lol

Old 01-13-2011, 09:28 AM

172 posts, read 469,012 times
People are testy this am.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:29 AM

172 posts, read 469,012 times
Since this topic has gone away from buffets let me put my 2 cents. My 2 faves are Mencius Hunan and Golden Wok because of their dim sum. Also add China Sun to the mix off Naco Perrin, their food is cheap and always fresh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio