Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 07:18 PM

952 posts, read 2,635,676 times

Advertisements

please do not direct me to a place that price is based on your income...coz that's just silly.

I need to know of a place with a set price for a 35lb female dog to be fixed.

again, please do not direct me to a place where they charge the price based off your income, coz i find it stupid!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 08:29 PM

149 posts, read 434,316 times
Google San Antonio veterinarian and you will get a long list to choose from. Make a few phone calls and find out all the information you want.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:46 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,127,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jons_wifey View Post
please do not direct me to a place that price is based on your income...coz that's just silly.
I'm not quite sure I understand...why it's silly? It's a good service to have for those who may qualify; my parents receive social security and having the companionship of a dog has highly raised their outlook so they used the Mobile SNAP unit that parks at the HEB parking lot. Their dog was neutered for free! I can understand if you believe you do not qualify for the services...is that maybe it?
http://www.sanantonio.gov/animalcare...%20Clinics.pdf - These locations are part of the Veterinary Association of Bexar County, you can use the clinic names to do a google search and look for reviews on the locations that are closest to you.
SNAP offers low cost without income qualifications/requirements: http://www.snapus.org/site/DocServer...pdf?docID=1702 Here is their price list. You can make an appointment at the times mentioned.
There are some free spay and neuter appointments going on throughout the city (check schedule for dates and locations) made possible by various foundations. The schedule is here: Spay-Neuter Assistance Program: Welcome to SNAP - San Antonio Mobile Clinic Schedule

Old 02-25-2011, 08:56 PM

574 posts, read 1,339,097 times
I've had only one of my dogs fixed and I'm pretty sure they didn't price her by the pound. I don't think I've ever heard of that. I've heard of price variances due to breed type and maybe a higher cost for anesthesia if the dog is larger. Is that what you are referring to?

Seems like a regular vet can handle your issue. Seems like the obvious choice given your requirements stated in your post.

10 West Bird & Animal Hospital is a good facility. Dr. Powers is a very nice and has a good rapport with clients and animals.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadlockd View Post
I've had only one of my dogs fixed and I'm pretty sure they didn't price her by the pound. I don't think I've ever heard of that. I've heard of price variances due to breed type and maybe a higher cost for anesthesia if the dog is larger. Is that what you are referring to?
Every clinic is a bit different but this is the link from my post above and it has some weight categories, divided into 4.

http://www.snapus.org/site/DocServer...pdf?docID=1702

I used a clinic which did it by less than 75 lbs or more than 75 lbs, there was a price difference. Breed did not matter so it seems it varies widely depending on the clinic's price structure, according to both our experiences.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:12 PM

952 posts, read 2,635,676 times
thanks Skeet, this will do. I'll check it out over the weekend.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:14 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,843,631 times
ummmm.....with all due respect, why do you "find it stupid"? IIRC, weren't you recently trying to find someplace that would finance a vehicle for you w/a low credit score? I would think that you'd welcome finding a place that would provide an economical service...

Old 02-25-2011, 09:20 PM

574 posts, read 1,339,097 times
Well that's news to me...thanks skeet. I've checked out the links and know some people who could probably benefit from the low cost programs. It's very generous of these programs to provide these services.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:22 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,731,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
Every clinic is a bit different but this is the link from my post above and it has some weight categories, divided into 4.

http://www.snapus.org/site/DocServer...pdf?docID=1702

I used a clinic which did it by less than 75 lbs or more than 75 lbs, there was a price difference. Breed did not matter so it seems it varies widely depending on the clinic's price structure, according to both our experiences.
I used SNAP (410/Ingram) and while when you go in they look like a Free Clinic (stark white walls very bland inside) they were VERY nice and took beautiful care of our dog.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadlockd View Post
Well that's news to me...thanks skeet. I've checked out the links and know some people who could probably benefit from the low cost programs. It's very generous of these programs to provide these services.
If you know of any folks that could benefit, please pass the info. along. Those who receive public assistance can receive the services free. Drop off the doggie or kitty in the morning and pick them up in the afternoon. The bus is at the parking lot on certain days, close to many different neighborhoods throughout the city, no need to drive across town.
If I would have known about SNAP, I would have taken my dog there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio