Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 12:20 PM

1,893 posts, read 5,590,580 times

Advertisements

I live near Brooks City Base and work on the Northwest side. Every morning the freeway on the opposite side from me is bumper to bumper and pactically at a standstill. My side of the freeway is averaging about 60 mph. In the evening I see the same thing. I just heard a piece this morning on the local NPR station about how the northwest is becoming so conjested and now they are planning on building a future sub-division beween Helotes and Bandera complete with it's own sewage plant right over the Aquifer. Everyones hoping that they will deny their permit. There are some beautiful springs in that area which would likley be destroyed or poisened in the process. Oh sorry, I got sidetracked. Anyway IMHO if you like long commutes and 7 day a week traffic jams move to "The Great Northwest". As far as crime goes, my buddy here at work who lives in a gated comunity in Helotes is afraid to leave his garage door open on a Saturday afternoon. I don't even always lock my car and I don't think twice about having my garage door open.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 07:41 PM

454 posts, read 505,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melsaw15 View Post
What is a bear? 30 minutes, 45? I'm really not sure about the area around Brooks. I've heard there are building up around that are with new homes, but the research I've done showes it to be high crime.
I worked at BCB until recently, and our daycare provider is in a neighborhood just off base. The area has changed drastically in recent years (too crowded for me though!) Everyone I know who lives in the area says crime really isn't an issue. There are some pockets, esp. nearer into downtown and a bit west, but just south of Brooks there are some really lovely areas. What's neat is you feel like you're out in the country and you're only a few miles from downtown. I wonder how long that will last though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio