Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 10:00 PM

14 posts, read 37,465 times

Advertisements

We are looking to buy some new bedroom furniture for the kids. I have been to a few major furniture stores in town, and the prices seem a little high. Considering my mom is buying the furniture, and is willing to buy what I want, price isn't really an issue, however, I am not trying to break the bank. What I am looking for is bunkbeds for my son, and maybe a twin bed with trundle for my daughter. I would like it of good quality to last awhile. Any suggestions on decent priced furniture stores in SA. Doesn't really matter the area, but when she comes to visit, I would like to know what I want, as she will only be here for the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 02:57 PM

34 posts, read 71,550 times
I have found great prices for furniture at BigLots and Garden Ridge. I'm no expert on furniture, but to me the quality seems the same as you find at Rooms to Go and Ashley and such.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:17 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,429,021 times
Big Lots can have some good deals, depending on what's in stock. We do a lot of shopping at the Rustic Mile on 281/Bitters. I practically paid their mortgage for last year. It's really good quality stuff. Real wood. Will last you a lifetime.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:03 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,123,776 times
Looking for any particular style of furniture? Modern, traditional, leather?

Old 04-14-2011, 07:41 AM

177 posts, read 358,050 times
With furniture, you get what you pay for...I wouldn't take furniture from Big Lots if they gave it to me for FREE. San Antonio is seriously lacking in quality furniture stores; we had to custom order anything we wanted.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:51 AM

173 posts, read 617,525 times
A friend of mine bought a bunkbed for her boys from Biglots. Think she paid around 200.
She's had it for a few months and is pleased.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:52 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,123,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabart47 View Post
With furniture, you get what you pay for...I wouldn't take furniture from Big Lots if they gave it to me for FREE.
I think it depends on the quality itself. Big Lots gets their inventory from overstock from other stores so if someone does want to buy something at Big Lots, it's a good idea to have a good eye and look at the stitching for the cushions, frame, etc. I bought an expensive name brand sofa (not from Big Lots) and the frame broke in 2 years. Even with repair, it would be almost as much as buying a brand new sofa. Now I have my parents sofa and loveseat that they bought at a rinky dink vendor on the deep westside and those are sturdy! They only gave them to me because my dad dreamed of leather couches for so long!
But if someone is giving away Big Lots stuff and you don't want it...I'll gladly take it!

Last edited by skeet09; 04-14-2011 at 08:37 AM..

Old 10-09-2011, 11:45 AM

779 posts, read 1,660,946 times
so I was about to just go with Ashley furniture, but after reading several online reviews I became a little hesitant. seems like there are tons and tons of negative reviews on Ashleys, Rooms to Go, Sofa Mart, etc.

so with that being said, has anyone had good experiences with any of them? or any other places to shop for starter furniture? not looking to buy thousands of dollars, just some newly wed furniture to last for a few years until we get established.

Old 10-09-2011, 02:55 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
You got some good advice ^^. The furniture at Big Lots is actually not that bad for starter furniture. Big Lots furniture is from American Signature Furniture who also supplies Value City. Congrats on being a newlywed!

Old 10-09-2011, 09:58 PM

74 posts, read 148,780 times
We bought our stuff from furniture and mattress for less. its in the 35/walzem area and they always have ads in the sunday paper (since i dont have the contact info on me at the moment)

My wife and I when shopping for a sectional sofa found what we wanted at Ashleys. Ashley wanted $900 plus tax including delivery, the same ashley brand stuff this place ordered for us, we had to wait a couple weeks, but they did it for $700 delivered and tax included. They also have many other brands, but check them out. if you're buying a couple things they can cut you a deal. later we bought a dining table and a matching ottoman for the sofa and got it a few hundred cheaper than ashleys was charging.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio