Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 08:15 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,048,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sweet Pickles Bus View Post
They are?
Awww what's wrong, did you get a ticket or something and get hurt feelings?

These people are out there every day doing a thankless job assisting people who are idiots or people who can't seem to get their head on straight and stay out of trouble.

I babysit people at my job, too and let me tell you - it sucks. So have a little respect. Oh yeah, I forgot... nobody remembers what that is any more.

Back to my point. If the OP needed to get gone somewhere he/she should have opened the mouth and made the request.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 08:25 PM

254 posts, read 548,327 times
Shooot-McManus looks like one of those new T-1000 liquid metal joints!

Old 05-13-2011, 07:40 AM

418 posts, read 784,657 times
The whining I see in this thread ain't from me.

Forums were created for people to share their
experiences with the community.

The whiners have expressed their displeasure with
the post... well... that is unfortunate but they need
to get used to it and move along.

Unless it is an emergency asking the office to move
the vehicle is basically interference with police business.
Not a wise course of action.

'nuff said.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:05 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,838,269 times
Personally, I'd have gotten out and asked the officer if he could let me out.

He likely didn't notice you in your car - most times, we can all become fixated by the task at hand and not notice others around us. 99% of the LEO's I know would be happy to move out of the way - and apologize for having blocked you in. But like anything else, they're human and likely just didn't realize that they were in the way.

Old 05-14-2011, 04:34 PM

409 posts, read 1,034,452 times
Default Quite Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Respect is earned, not mandatory. From my experience with cops here, not a damn one of them earned one bit. But all I do is complain and I don't know anything about anything, so feel free to ignore this and just move along.
Exactly right..I have to agree with you. I have dealt with some that don't deserve an ounce of respect and think that just cause they wear a badge they can treat and talk to you any way they want even though you are doing nothing wrong. Wrong Answer... Name, Badge number, pen, paper, postage stamp...Internal Affairs...Been there..done that..It works too. Unless you can do it online now.

Old 05-14-2011, 04:43 PM

I'd love to have a cop tailing me while I'm speeding down the road in a DeLorean time machine like in Back to the future...and disappear one minute into the future just to find him and do it again. Imagine the baffled look on his face...Kodak Moment.

Old 05-14-2011, 04:44 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,087,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Here we go again...

I'm sorry you had to wait ten minutes while the police officer was doing his job, but that is a minor inconvenience and if you truly had a situation where you had to leave I am sure the officer would have accommodated.

But I am sure you understand that the officer was focused on the execution of his duties and may not have realized that he was delaying you. Or he felt that what he was doing was important enough to warrant keeping his vehicle where it was.

But I guess some feel that only EMS save lives, and not police officers!
The police are never wrong! Do not question the police!

Old 05-14-2011, 06:48 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,992,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Chiba57 View Post
Exactly right..I have to agree with you. I have dealt with some that don't deserve an ounce of respect and think that just cause they wear a badge they can treat and talk to you any way they want even though you are doing nothing wrong. Wrong Answer... Name, Badge number, pen, paper, postage stamp...Internal Affairs...Been there..done that..It works too. Unless you can do it online now.
Then why do you automatically expect the police to respect you? They do, but you've done absolutely nothing to deserve it by your own criteria...

In other words, it is very hypocritical to say the police have to earn your respect, but to expect it from them without question!

Old 05-14-2011, 07:09 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
we can all become fixated by the task at hand and not notice others around us.
They don't screen cops for this? Seems like it would be pretty dangerous for a cop to become fixated on something so simple as writing a ticket, while the bank is being robbed right underneath his nose.

And wow, the OP was extremely mild. I don't see anything that amounts to whining or cop-bashing.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Then why do you automatically expect the police to respect you? They do, but you've done absolutely nothing to deserve it by your own criteria...

In other words, it is very hypocritical to say the police have to earn your respect, but to expect it from them without question!
First of all they are public servants paid with my tax dollars. When someone stops and asks for directions for instance...they don't need to be treated like criminals just cause they are lost then told to keep moving cause they hold up traffic with a threatening tone of voice. That's only one example..Nothing hypocritical about it mate...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio