Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 08:39 PM

57 posts, read 244,012 times

Advertisements

Did you check your reciept (assuming unlike me they gave it all to you)? I had mistakes and overcharges. This must happen often as they even told me that if anything wasn't correct they would fix it---my thoughts were that two of them rang it up on two different computers and it was STILL messed up.... So apparently it happens alot. Check to be sure. Oh and if it is on sale over Memorial Day you get the price reduction---but you have to go into the store to get it.... Let us know how you make out? What did rooms did you get furniture for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2007, 08:41 PM

Did you check your reciept (assuming unlike me they gave it all to you)? I had mistakes and overcharges. This must happen often as they even told me that if anything wasn't correct they would fix it---my thoughts were that two of them rang it up on two different computers and it was STILL messed up.... So apparently it happens alot. Check to be sure. Oh and if it is on sale over Memorial Day you get the price reduction---but you have to go into the store to get it.... Let us know how you make out? What did rooms did you get furniture for?

Old 05-22-2007, 09:08 PM

2,027 posts, read 7,024,233 times
Ohh be sure to check out the Furniture Row Shopping Center: http://www.furniturerow.com/

Old 05-22-2007, 10:27 PM

29 posts, read 115,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerabbit View Post
Hello, I'm about to buy my first home and I was wondering if anyone could tell me thier opinions about which furniture stores are the best in san antonio. By best I mean good selection but most importantly at a very affordable price.
If you are looking for affordable prices, I recommend Bel Furniture, FASMA and Room Store. The furniture may not be the best quality but it looks very nice, and I noticed that even Star and Ashley's have furniture that is not of the best quality (not solid wood). Bel's furniture has very nice designs and this week end (Memorial Day) they have no payments and interest until 2009.

If you want solid wood furniture Louis Shanks is one store you can check out-but it is very expensive.

Old 05-23-2007, 06:30 AM
Rockin' The TriCities

n/a posts
TANGLES, I did go over my receipt before I left the store, and as far as I can tell, I did get all my price reductions. The sofa and loveseat I bought were an advertised special, and then they were having a "coupon sale", where you get a set amount off your total order depending on the total. My sales person actually caught where the computer tried to charge me full price for my loveseat.

I think it's like going car shopping - you can get a good car salesman, or you can get a really useless smarmy one. You sound like you had bad service top to bottom.

I bought a sofa, loveseat and a set of tables, and a round dining room table and chairs. Hopefully, not too complex. When they called for delivery, they did read out my order to me correctly.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:29 AM

Yes that is true you can get a "newbie or just plain bad one" occaisionally. If I went back and that is a hugh "IF" I would take a clip board and litterally write down the quotes and prices as I went thru buying to avoid the pit falls. Oh and I would avoid the "long haired blonde one"...He, he...hope you enjoy your new furniture))

Old 05-23-2007, 12:08 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,332,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsGuysRule View Post
There is an IKEA store in Austin, if you are able to get the goods transported down here to SA...

I always loved IKEA when I lived in SoCal, haven't been this near to one in yeeeeeeaars...
Does IKEA deliver from Round Rock to SA?

Old 09-06-2007, 08:09 PM

217 posts, read 1,758,085 times
Where is your cousins store from India do he have a phone number.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:41 PM

470 posts, read 1,952,250 times
Macy's Furniture located in Ingram Park Mall has a small, but decent selection. We recently hit a great sale on some items, but are currently experiencing delivery issues. The manager has refunded us all of our shipping charges ($170) and is working on something "additional" for our troubles. Although delivery is taking a bit longer, they've been great about taking responsibility for their mistakes and making the effort to rectify and resolve.

Ethan Allen is another good place to shop. Their service is impeccable. They also offer complementary design services and will come out to your home.

North Carolina Furniture Direct in San Marcos is another favorite of mine. Their sales people are very informed and will not hover over you while you browse the sales floor.

I've been to some of the local stores mentioned in this thread and feel most of them carry a product that is overpriced, in spite of the lower quality found in some of their lines.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,101,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
Does IKEA deliver from Round Rock to SA?
Yes, but it's expensive. Even with $3.00 gas, it would usually be cheaper to rent or borrow a truck or van for the day.

Since you'll be assembling the IKEA furniture yourself, you might as well deliver it to yourself.

IKEA is rumored to be building in SA before long. That will make self-delivery more convenient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio