Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2011, 08:48 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,623,244 times

Advertisements

right next to the kiddie park!

i could have sworn texas had laws saying sex offenders must live more than 1k feet (or more) from where kids congregate, including bus stops.

can anyone enlighten me before i pay the manager a visit at the motel this scumbag is living at?
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 09:00 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,025,045 times
How did you obtain that info?

Old 09-03-2011, 09:03 AM

615 posts, read 1,522,759 times
Here's a good site... http://www.familywatchdog.us/ShowMap.asp?frm=0

Old 09-03-2011, 09:06 AM

i got a notice in the mail. ill post the entirety of it here, and can scan a copy if anyone wants a copy

risk level - HIGH
name - villannueva, roland segura
race - white
dob - 2/14/71
address - 3215 broadway #29 (casa linda motel, telephone (210)829-8395)

exposed himself to a 15 year old apparently. the telephone number to make inquiries about this is 512-424-2800 or http://records.txdps.state.tx.us

i encourage anyone in the area to call the motel and express displeasure at them letting a high risk, sex offending felon live there.

already notified the kiddie park and made them a copy of the notice i received in the mail. got a free burrito out of it (though i didnt ask for compensation. i dont like kids but sex offenders who go after kids bothers the ever living sh*t out of me) and they were more than happy to add him to their big list

Old 09-03-2011, 09:33 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,825,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post

i could have sworn texas had laws saying sex offenders must live more than 1k feet (or more) from where kids congregate, including bus stops.

can anyone enlighten me before i pay the manager a visit at the motel this scumbag is living at?
Contact the Lorena Bobbitt center for social justice.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:46 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,193,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post

It took me all of one Google search query to find this, DM me if you need assistance on using this highly complex tool:

Quote:
What are the state laws concerning sex offenders and children?

Paroled sex offenders are not allowed to be within 500 feet of any place where children are known to congregate. This is known as a “Child Safety Zone.” Offenders who are placed on probation also may be ordered by a judge to avoid children, but once the offender has completed their sentence, there are no regulations preventing them from being around children.

https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DPS_WEB/Faq.aspx?295

BTW, the term I typed into the search field (the blank rectangular box in the middle of the web page www.google.com) was "texas sex offender laws"

And the second search result was:
Quote:
What are ... - TXDPS - Website Support - Frequently Asked Questions

https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DP...ndex.aspx?...1 - CachedSimilar
Texas Department of Public Safety Crime Records Service Website. ... What are the state laws concerning sex offenders and children? Paroled sex offenders are ...
So now that you have your answer go get your tape measure and if this persons room within the hotel is within 500 feet (as the crow flies) from the kiddie park contact either DPS or CPS, NOT the hotel manager.

Let us know what transpires please.

Last edited by plwhit; 09-03-2011 at 10:21 AM..

Old 09-03-2011, 10:25 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,708,313 times
I got a letter for my neighborhood, as well. I'd hate to be the family living next to the guy. Talk about depreciating home values!

Old 09-03-2011, 10:29 AM

I feel sorry for anyone living next to one of these motels, period.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:30 AM

no need to measure. there are bus stops all along broadway and they count as places kids meet.

Old 09-03-2011, 11:15 AM

Another search using that incredibly complex search tool Google yields this:

Quote:
SEX OFFENDERS' RESIDENCY RESTRICTIONS

SEX OFFENDERS’ RESIDENCY RESTRICTIONS - CachedSimilar
Undo
May 23, 2007 – ... and child safety zone restriction law was enacted in Texas. ... 1000 feet of any school, childcare facility, school bus stop, or place where ...
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/adminis.../pages/faq.htm

So there are defined school bus stops in this area, not to be easily confused with VIA bus stops?

If they are VIA bus stops please post your references that show they are legally defined child safety zones, thanks, and don't forget, if you have a hard time understanding Google search don't hesitate to DM me.

Also found this:

Are registered sex offenders allowed to live or go near places frequented by children such as schools and playgrounds?

The Texas Sex Offender Registration Program itself does not prohibit registered sex offenders from living or going near places frequented by children. However, Texas probation and parole law requires the imposition of a "child safety zone" on a sex offender placed on community supervision (probation) or released on parole or mandatory supervision if the offender"s victim was a child. A "child safety zone" prohibits sex offenders on community supervision, parole, or mandatory supervision from supervising or participating in any program that includes as participants or recipients persons 17 years of age or younger and that regularly provides athletic, civic, or cultural activities or going in, on, or within a specified distance of a premises where children commonly gather (i.e. schools, day care facilities, or playgrounds). A violation of the "child safety zone" can result in the revocation of a sex offender"s probation or parole and, consequently, incarceration. This "child safety zone" lasts for as long as the sex offender is on community supervision, parole, or mandatory supervision.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/adminis.../pages/faq.htm

Last edited by plwhit; 09-03-2011 at 11:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio