Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 09:29 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,780,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM-Texas View Post
Heard an intersting radio comment. People get all excited about a new center that has the same old chains. Except for Bass Pro and a couple of different restaurants - it's the same old center.

It's convenient for me but most of the stores you can find all along the loops.
I have only been to the Rim twice since it opened. I am more of a mall person when it comes to shopping, saves me the trouble of driving from store to store.....people are too lazy these days to do all that walking...now it is all about parking as close to the store you can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 01:14 PM

69 posts, read 96,035 times
How about:

Ikea
Trader Joe's
Fry's Electronics
In-N-Out
REI
Lucky Strike Lanes

Did I miss anything?

I guess some these might happen, eventually (although I wouldn't hold my breath unless you're an Olympic swimmer with really big lungs). I'm still holding out hope for Texas Disney.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:33 PM

431 posts, read 766,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hschulz3 View Post
How about:

Ikea
Trader Joe's
Fry's Electronics
In-N-Out
REI
Lucky Strike Lanes

Did I miss anything?

I guess some these might happen, eventually (although I wouldn't hold my breath unless you're an Olympic swimmer with really big lungs). I'm still holding out hope for Texas Disney.
ikea- not enough space
TJ = possible
Fry's = they dont have the cash to do it
REI= not happening in south texas
Lucky= i have no info

Old 02-10-2012, 01:58 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,369,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theeddie View Post
ikea- not enough space
TJ = possible
Fry's = they dont have the cash to do it
REI= not happening in south texas
Lucky= i have no info
Plenty of space for Ikea, large tracts of land towards the back, behind Bass Pro Shops where one would fit. I have been to Pittsburgh, PA, Woodbridge, VA, and Seattle, WA Ikea stores and all would fit in the Rim with ease.

The females members of my family want an H&M in the Rim, or La Cantera.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:24 PM

501 posts, read 949,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hschulz3 View Post
How about:

Ikea
Trader Joe's
Fry's Electronics
In-N-Out
REI
Lucky Strike Lanes

Did I miss anything?

Trader Joe's is going in at the Quarry Village and a Fry's is going in at Bulverde Marketplace.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:26 PM

501 posts, read 949,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
Plenty of space for Ikea, large tracts of land towards the back, behind Bass Pro Shops where one would fit. I have been to Pittsburgh, PA, Woodbridge, VA, and Seattle, WA Ikea stores and all would fit in the Rim with ease.

The females members of my family want an H&M in the Rim, or La Cantera.
There is space but that area is reserved for a separate development from the Rim itself.

There is plans for big box development on the southern edge of The Rim towards 1604.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:30 PM

170 posts, read 291,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
large tracts of land
She's got HUGE...tracts of land

Quote:
Originally Posted by teenwolf80 View Post
Trader Joe's is going in at the Quarry Village and a Fry's is going in at Bulverde Marketplace.
How did you hear about the Fry's? I've been trying to figure out what all is going in at Bulverde Marketplace.

Old 02-11-2012, 11:01 AM

1,707 posts, read 2,984,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
there is a Texas thrift store coming there.
Where did you hear about this? And when is it going to open?

Old 02-13-2012, 09:42 AM

69 posts, read 96,035 times
Fry's would be great. It would be good for Best Buy to have some competition.

Lucky Strike Lanes is a high-end bowling center and lounge. It would be a good fit with the restaurants and theater there. Lucky Strike | Bowl Lucky Strike

I think TJs is possible. I think you will see a TJ location at the Quarry, somewhere near Stone Oak and then somewhere on the 1604 corridor between 151 and 10. My bet is closer to 10, hence the Rim.

I think it's also a great spot for Ikea - near lots of new development and near UTSA. I think Ikea moves slowly, though. If the economy in Texas stays good, I think it will happen. Eventually.

In-N-Out - I think it is very likely. Either this year or next.

Love the large tracts of ....land.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:06 AM

810 posts, read 1,425,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badalchemist View Post
How did you hear about the Fry's? I've been trying to figure out what all is going in at Bulverde Marketplace.
Don’t believe everything you hear just because someone in City Data posted it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio