Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 11:01 PM

94 posts, read 654,706 times

Advertisements

Hey there to all the newbies and future newbie San Antonians!

We'll be permanently in SA by the end of October. My husband and I are both 32 years of age, with no children. Easy going and friendly. He's a hardworking truck driver, loves the UFC. I love to garden, and photography, but we like to let loose once in a while. We'll be eager to make some friends that we can hang and explore our new town with. Maybe we can have a newbies evening out sometime, and talk about our new experiences
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2007, 06:57 AM

781 posts, read 3,816,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Bwaa haa haa!!! You've obviously never seen me - sickly white skin and short black hair! LOL!!!

And aaahhhhhh, Newport Beach....good times! I truly do miss the beach town lifestyle. And I wonder how many of us here remember 8 tracks?! Too funny!

OMG.....driving down Beach Blvd to Huntington in '79 with as many friends as possible in my 67 Firebird listening to the 8 track....lol!!! Wow does that bring back memories:-)

Old 09-07-2007, 10:01 AM

22 posts, read 95,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinez4 View Post
We have been here for 3 years....not super new but since I lived in Cali for over 20 years, I guess I am still "new" here....(my hubby is from Texas originally).

Welcome to you, forever.....if I may ask, why did you relocate from Seattle?

What about you, manfre??

My husband got a job with a local IT company. I was in the Medical field so jobs are there for me but definetly not the pay I was getting in Seattle. I know it's all relative, but I have to find something to gripe about. We are now having our home built at Cibolo Canyons but with the rain and all they pushed out the date until February, until then, I'm stuck in this apartment with 1/2 our stuff in storage. We went out to Sherlocks Pub to meet people, we had a blast but everyone really sticks to who they came with, they don't need friends like I do. I never had problems making friends but as you get older, it really does get harder. It's nice to know I'm not the only lonely one out there.

Old 09-07-2007, 11:44 AM

95 posts, read 172,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forevertexas View Post
My husband got a job with a local IT company. I was in the Medical field so jobs are there for me but definetly not the pay I was getting in Seattle. I know it's all relative, but I have to find something to gripe about. We are now having our home built at Cibolo Canyons but with the rain and all they pushed out the date until February, until then, I'm stuck in this apartment with 1/2 our stuff in storage. We went out to Sherlocks Pub to meet people, we had a blast but everyone really sticks to who they came with, they don't need friends like I do. I never had problems making friends but as you get older, it really does get harder. It's nice to know I'm not the only lonely one out there.
I know exactly how you feel forevertexas. We've been here a year now, but still finding it hard to make friends outside of my community. Cibolo Canyons is right down the street from Indian Springs...we'll be neighbors!

Old 09-07-2007, 09:46 PM
djw

951 posts, read 2,835,038 times
still feel "new"
Been here since Jan 06, but as a single mom on active duty - making friends outside of work has been tough. The folks around the office have been here for years - not as needy.

Maybe a newbie meet up? There's another thread about a city-data meetup, too.

Old 09-08-2007, 09:24 AM

734 posts, read 3,016,122 times
I'm a California Native, but as an adult have lived 8 years in Utah and 4 years in Arizona. We've been in Texas for 4 years now.

Even though my parents don't even live in Cali anymore, I still like to visit other family members and visit my old hang outs. I don't want to live there anymore, but I do miss parts of it. Just 2 weeks ago I went and ate at In N Out!!! Yummy!

Old 09-08-2007, 09:41 AM

1,805 posts, read 4,775,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Huntington Beach, CA? I thought so...your tan and blond hair gave you away! I spent many days lying on the beach there as a teenager. Newport was our other favorite beach. It was less than an hour away from Pomona/Claremont area. We drove down there in my '65 El Camino, windows down (no A/C) and 8-track blaring away!

Oh yeah, I was a transplant to San Antonio from way back in '72. Of course, I spent a few years (13) overseas since then, but have been back in SA since 1990.
OMG!! You are telling my story (but you're telliing the male version of course... lol)....
I just reunited with a friend on classmates.com whose father lived in Balboa, she would spend some weekends there, and I would drive down from COVINA!!!! to sneak-see her (she wasn't allowed to have friends down there when she was with her dad - very bizarre...
ANYWAY... I later used to fly down HWY39 in my little 1967 silver Datsun ragtop roadster .... (I later owned a '69 baby blue ragtop Datsun roadster)
I graduated from Covina Highschool, class of none-of-your-beeswax.....

but my fave was Laguna Beach, Woodsman's cove.... I fried many an epithelial cell there, I'll tell ya.....

So we were neighbors in those years! Imagine that! eeeeyikes... my ex-husband was from that pomona-claremont-upland-ontario area... YOU AREN'T HIM ARE YOU???? lolol... nawww, he went to highschool in Antelope Valley/Lancaster....... but later moved with his family to Cucamonga....

Old 09-08-2007, 04:16 PM

83 posts, read 299,867 times
yall people wantin friends need to try myspace. its all about friends.

Old 09-09-2007, 08:07 AM

12 posts, read 36,233 times
Default Great thread-- I am so new and lonely!

Hi all,
Definitely new and definitely finding it hard to find a social network. My husband is military man (about to retire) and we live in the Encino Park area.

We are definitely finding it hard to network and I am hoping to find a couple of people that we can hang with now and then. I am also looking for the "perfect" job :0)!

Anyhow, this is a great thread.. anyone in my area?

Regards,
S.G.

Old 09-09-2007, 08:37 AM

734 posts, read 3,016,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone View Post
yall people wantin friends need to try myspace. its all about friends.
Uh yeah - no.

I have a myspace but all I do is hook up with old friends from High School and stuff.

For local friends I found meetup.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio